BC Boards

Jigsaw Puzzles

I don't know if anyone does jigsaw puzzles, but there's one out that I LOVE. Below is a picture of it and it can be bought at puzzlesusa.com. I do puzzles, glue and frame them, and I have a beautiful picture to hang. I have done other BC ones, but this one is so cute.

puzzle.jpg

That's a nice one! There are a couple of online puzzle sites; National geographic has one: http://www7.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/you...saw-puzzle.html

There's another one whose url I've lost, but it was mentioned here on the boards. You can upload your own photos (there's one of Woo!), and specify the shape and number of puzzle pieces. They're small though, and only take 5-10 minutes to solve, but still addictive.

Brenda: I love that puzzle. You should do it and then glue it and hang. They really do make wonderful pictures.

I know you're going to think this is a silly question but how do you glue a jigsaw puzzle together without it falling apart?

Guest TheRuffMuttGang

Ohhh I love puzzles! I would LOVE to know where you guys find those BC puzzles, though! I have to do those Photomosaic puzzles to keep me busy for a couple of weeks. Regular puzzles are a breeze for me. I have 10-12 puzzles glued and ready for hanging but to date I haven't hung them up in this house. I had them all up in my last place but so far, not a thing has made it onto the walls except this: http://www.art.com/asp/sp-asp/_/PD--100987...2C5DE7FF201948D

Brenda: many manufacturers make puzzle glue. Lay down a layer of newspaper, spread the glue over the front of the puzzle, let dry and then reapply glue to those places you missed the first time.

Or, if you have a stable (it will stay together if moved around) puzzle, put it together, flip the puzzle so it is front side down and apply regular Elmer's glue on the back. Then stick a layer of newspaper onto the glue.

I prefer the puzzle glue.

I know you're going to think this is a silly question but how do you glue a jigsaw puzzle together without it falling apart?

I'm sorry it took so long to answer. I think the question has already been answered, though. I put the puzzle together on my table, then slide wax paper underneath. Then I apply puzzle glue with a paint brush and let dry overnight. You can then tear the wax paper off, trim the edges and it's ready to frame. Puzzle glue can be found anywhere puzzles are sold. Target even has it.

Ohhh I love puzzles! I would LOVE to know where you guys find those BC puzzles, though! I have to do those Photomosaic puzzles to keep me busy for a couple of weeks. Regular puzzles are a breeze for me. I have 10-12 puzzles glued and ready for hanging but to date I haven't hung them up in this house. I had them all up in my last place but so far, not a thing has made it onto the walls except this: http://www.art.com/asp/sp-asp/_/PD--100987...2C5DE7FF201948D

Believe it or not, I got a lot of my BC puzzles from England and Ireland. I just search online and find them. These are actually a little harder than regular puzzles, so it might be good for you.