BC Boards

Micheal Vick

Journey

How about this report?

Where it says ...

Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick has accepted a plea deal that could send him to prison...
(emphasis added)

And the part where it says:

Federal prosecutors had offered a deal recommending an 18- to 36-month prison sentence. Vick's attorneys were trying to reduce that to less than a year, two sources told CNN earlier on Monday.

Something is seriously wrong with the system when someone is going to admit to repeatedly killing dogs, and all they are facing is up to three years (highly unlikely) in prison.

I will be very interested to how the NFL ... and particularly ... the Falcons ... handle this from here.

Jodi

This whole thing makes me so sick. We'll see what really happens to him but I don't have faith it will be what he deserves.

His attorney made this statement:

"Mr. Vick has agreed to enter a plea of guilty to those charges and to accept full responsibility for his actions and the mistakes he has made. Michael wishes to apologize again to everyone who has been hurt by this matter."

Hollow to me. My feeling is that he's sorry for himself. Sorry that he got caught. How do you call drowing, hanging, or electrocuting a dog a "mistake"??????

Okay, I'll stop now.

Jennifer

"Mr. Vick has agreed ... to accept full responsibility for his actions ..."

But his lawyers want that "full responsibility" to be as little as possible.

I would love to see him suffer the same abuse he put those dogs through. Ok ... pick one dog ... and do the same thing to Vick. Just one.

Jodi

But his lawyers want that "full responsibility" to be as little as possible.

You got that right! The only reason he even changed his plea is because his 2 co-defendants were going to testify against him. He likes dog fighting so much, he should be locked up in a room and let the dogs have at him.

"Mr. Vick has agreed to enter a plea of guilty to those charges and to accept full responsibility for his actions and the mistakes he has made. Michael wishes to apologize again to everyone who has been hurt by this matter."

Peachy. He could make a great start by sticking his apologies up his sadistic @$$ and forking over some of his millions to evaluate, rehabilitate and rehome those poor dogs who manage to stay sane despite their ordeals at the hands of chickensh!t individuals who get off on the misery of other creatures. He could start with the dogs he himself was involved in torturing.