BC Boards

Framed By My Own Dog!

I was accused of leaving a prank voice mail at work the other day and I had no memory of doing so (notice I don't deny I'm quite capable of leaving a prank voice mail). It turns out my Damn Border Collie left the message! He has always liked tinkering with technology (phones, computers, remote controls) and every so often will grab the phone when he's at the office with me. One of the times he picked up the phone he must have hit redial and the call went directly into voice mail. So the message consisted of lots of clicking noises as Quinn juggled the receiver in his mouth and I can be heard saying, "Quinn, give me the phone. Quinn…"

Fortunately, he dialed a friend who has seen him pick up phones of his own accord and dial or put someone on hold. So she eventually believed my claims of being innocent -- perhaps by reason of insanity as a BC owner. :rolleyes:

Here is Exhibit A of the culprit at work, er play. Sorry for the blurriness. I was probably laughing when I snapped the picture. I have to say I just love my Damn Border Collie. :D

QuinnPhone.jpg

That's really funny Liz!! I can't believe he did that. How smart can these guys be?

That's a great picture too :rolleyes:

We taught Riven to get the phone (when we say to!), so she'll pass it back and forth for us. While she hasnt called anyone, she has hung up on a few people lol.

I tried to train Quinn to answer the phone or get the phone when told to, but failed in my goals because he is at about 50% of doing so in a timely way on command and likes to grab it on his own as well. Plus, when he picks it up, usually he lets it crash to the floor which has the two fold benefit of getting my attention and scaring the poop out of the Lhsasa. Ha, ha, ha, score 2 for the Border Collie. :rolleyes: These are new phones with "soft keys" and when he drops the phone he usually hits one of these keys to redial or if someone is on the line, put them on hold. I've already had to tell a few people, no I didn't try calling, it was my dog. These new phones also snake around on the floor when he drops them, the cord acting somewhat bungee like. So that also amuses him.

These BC's are so smart and Quinn also has an amazing sense of humor. Having him in the office is just such a pleasure.

how funny! the people I got my dog from taught one of their BCs to get the phone, and also to flush the toilet, and the dog put the two together and flushed their cellphone :D

LOL!!!! Why on earth would you teach a dog to flush the toilet? I have enough trouble keeping Riven away from Rohan, without her knowing she can flush him lol :rolleyes::D

LOL!!!! Why on earth would you teach a dog to flush the toilet? I have enough trouble keeping Riven away from Rohan, without her knowing she can flush him lol :rolleyes::D

Not sure why they taught the dog that lol. I guess they just wanted another trick to add to the list. That dog knows so many tricks you can just start calling them out and she'll probably do it. I was very impressed. She even knew Flip and would flip on command. Although it was kind of a jump and spin kinda flip, but it was cool.