BC Boards

I leave tomorrow :(

Well, we're packing and finishing cleaning today, getting ready for our trip to my parents'. I was fine until yesterday when the reality of leaving really hit me, then I started walking around hugging Zoe. I know I'll only be gone for 2 weeks (2 WEEKS!), and my hubby only for 1, but.... but she's my baby!!

I'm so terrified leaving her in someone else's care, even though I know she'll be okay. Both dogs will be staying here at the house, and we actually got a house-sitter, DH's brother. Unfortunately BIL doesn't really "get" dogs, this was a HUGE cause for concern for me. Then I talked to BIL's girlfriend who is a HUGE dog lover. They came over yesterday... BIL seemed at a loss how to handle Zeeke. (Who is totally psycho hyper pushy, etc.) But the girlfriend got along with him great. She had him laying at her feet almost the entire time they were here.

Zoe of course wouldn't go near either of them, she hid behind my legs. I'm pretty sure, given no other option, she'll warm up quickly to the girlfriend... she seems to attach herself to women quite quickly, she sees them as sources of protection. I'm not sure about BIL. But she'll be here, with Zeeke.

So they'll probably be fine. The only HUGE worry in my head is that of Zeeke getting loose. That would be... well, a major catastrophe. I just can't impress on people enough the idea of being SO careful. The cat will probably escape once or twice, but the cat comes back and just likes to sleep under bushes (brat). Zoe if she got loose, she'd probably run back to the house. Zeeke? Eesh.

Anyways, I'm totally babbling. I've kicked into panic mode, running around the house making lists to make sure I don't forget anything. I bought a new carrying case to protect my cameras, so I don't have to worry too much about them.

The good news is that I get to see my Oreo baby tomorrow!! I really hope that having her with me will take the edge off my missing Zoe, else I'm going to be a total wreck. But I miss my Oreo girl too. I have her brand new collar ready and waiting to put on her, and tons of film to take photos of her. I realized after I moved that I totally don't have enough good photos of my girl!

Anyways. So after today I might not be around much, if at all... I'll have my laptop with me, but who knows what my parents' plans are.

I can absolutely understand! The longest I've ever left Kessie was for...two days! Before leaving I felt similar to what you're feeling (only the two-day version, luckily) but once I got on the bus and we were off, it wasn't half as bad as I'd thought. Hope the same thing happens for you!

If it gets too bad you can always visit an internet cafe and write a mega-post. We'll read it all and understand completely!

I once went on vacation and a lady who was at the same gathering I was at had her catsitter call her every night at 6:00 p.m. ON THE DOT. We all were waiting around the phone, every single night (for a week), to have a chance to say hi to the cat. All 25 of us said hi into the phone to the cat. Every night. She took it quite seriously. The owner, I mean. The catsitter put us on the speakerphone so the cat could hear. The cat apparently sat on the table with the phone and pawed at the phone when she heard her mom's voice.

Maybe you can call every evening to check in. Do you have speakerphone?

Allie + Tess & Kipp

http://weebordercollie.com

We just got back from two weeks away from Scout. We were very sad, and like you I was anxiety attack central the last couple days before leaving. We had a guy come stay at the house and he fell for Scout hook, line, and sinker. They had a great time. I think we missed Scout WAY more than he missed us. Everything turned out very well, Scout was very happy to see us, and though he got a little plump, he is back to normal, and skinnying up again.

I can understand your anxiety about leaving. I'm soon going away for 9 months! I'm freaking out. My SO will be with Tiga, so it's ok, but I'm really freaking out about leaving both of them. We've left him for a couple of days at a time with friends and he always does well, as I'm sure he'll be fine when I'm gone, but still. I can totally understand. I'm sure the time will fly by, and just imagine how excited they'll be when you get home!

Natalie, you'll be ok, and most of all, Zoe (and yes, Zeeke too :D ) will be alright!

I totaly understand how you feel, I haven't had the guts to leave Ouzo with our friend yet, who's had dogs all of his life (hunting dogs), who volunteered to baby-sit our lil' one if needed, and who Ouzo is totaly in love with. I still took him with us to Grand Canyon, although he was schedulled to stay with our friend :rolleyes:

"Everything is gonna be alright" (here you have to try to imagine the music of the song;) )

Natalie, you will probly be gone by the time I post this! It will be hard but Oreo will help a great deal! You will find yourself in a real quandry when you get ready to leave your mama's house. You will wanna get back to Zoe AND you will be hating to leave Oreo! I am sure it will all be fine, but heck, what's the sense of having dogs if you can't freak out about leaving them!

God speed, have a safe trip, enjoy Oreo, and post lots of pics when you get back!!

Not gone yet! Not for another 2 hours. :D Hubby and I are pulling an all-nighter apparently.

And I agree... BUT I know Oreo is happy in her home and well taken care of. For Zoe I know she'll be scared and confused and missing her mommy. :D

OMG the other day my dad told me a story... at the dog park Oreo started running off down the field towards a group of people. She NEVER does that, she barely tolerates people. She got closer and closer until she stopped and turned around and ran back to dad. Dad realized that she was running towards a woman with long brown hair...... he said they've been talking about mommy coming home, so she thought it was me. :rolleyes: I almost cried when he told me that!