BC Boards

ADMIN ANNOUNCEMENT

So if someone posts under "training discussion," then it's fair game for all to chime in, but if it's posted in the "ask the expert" section, then that's for Jeanne alone to answer? Just don't want to step on toes,

Thanks,

Anna

So if someone posts under "training discussion," then it's fair game for all to chime in, but if it's posted in the "ask the expert" section, then that's for Jeanne alone to answer? Just don't want to step on toes,

Thanks,

Anna

If they are carrying on in the tradition of LH, then yes, only the expert is supposed to reply :rolleyes: . And I'm assuming they will have different 'experts' on a weekly/monthly/whateverly basis?

If I've understood it correctly, "Ask The Expert" is

A) for stockwork training questions only (NOT obedience, agility, flyball, etc, as those are covered elsewhere on the boards)

B ) for anyone to ASK on, but only the designated Expert to ANSWER on

C) a separate forum under the "working stockdogs" section of the Boards

D) will employ experts on a "rotating" basis (as in, one expert is "on call" for a few months and then another will be tapped).

This would, of course, rule out Mr. Milan as he is not a stockdog trainer (regardless of whether one otherwise subscribes to his methods.)

As long as no one suggests we get Mr. Katz as an expert I think all is well. :rolleyes:

Why not retitle it "Ask a Stockdog Expert"? I know it was historically called "Ask The Expert" on littlehats, but this board has the explicit goal of drawing non stockdog people into the fold, so to speak, and since there are a heck of a lot of us here, and more all the time, it does seem like there will be a lot of confusion about what one can "ask the exxpert" about. This might save Eileen having to move a few of the inappropriate threads that will inevitably show up there.

Similarly, maybe "Trial Tips" should be renamed "Sheepdog Trial Tips".

Wouldn't having it under the section "Working Stockdogs" tip off at least the people who read section titles, that they are reading a section focused on stockdog training? As to those who don't read section titles, well, they probably wouldn't read the titles that said "sheepdog/stockdog trial tips" or "Ask the Stockdog expert" either

So far so good - I haven't seen any posts asking Jeanne how to get Fluffles to stop peeing on the carpet or get that perfect folding down. :rolleyes:

Guest LJS1993
Maybe we could have the "Ask a Nitwit" section. I'll take the first tour, then we can see if Jon Katz would do it, then maybe Caesar would grace us with his presence.

All the way to the bank.

EXCELLENT! So far I'm unsure how to proceed with my 4 month old pup and the flock of 8 sheep.

I'm kind of horrified to think I may have just covered everything.

What???? How can you have forgotten that eight year old dogs are so old that nothing can help them so they should be euthanized, and that all rescues have problems and shouldn't be rescued? Oh, and that the best way to train your BC is to let it chase cars, and also to leave it unattended with the sheep for several hours each day? Or that it is better to consult a pet psychic than a board certified veterinary behaviorist? I'm sure you can think of more things for the Ask The Nitwit section if only you try....

:rolleyes:

I'm kind of horrified to think I may have just covered everything.

What???? How can you have forgotten that eight year old dogs are so old that nothing can help them so they should be euthanized, and that all rescues have problems and shouldn't be rescued? Oh, and that the best way to train your BC is to let it chase cars, and also to leave it unattended with the sheep for several hours each day? Or that it is better to consult a pet psychic than a board certified veterinary behaviorist? I'm sure you can think of more things for the Ask The Nitwit section if only you try....

:rolleyes:

Windoze Nitwit 2.0?

Actually, eight year olds and rescues are no good, and letting your Border Collie train itself on passing busses and by staring at sheep does go under Shoot, Shovel, and Shut Up, apparently. In a metaphorical sense.

Windoze Nitwit 2.0?

Actually, eight year olds and rescues are no good, and letting your Border Collie train itself on passing busses and by staring at sheep does go under Shoot, Shovel, and Shut Up, apparently. In a metaphorical sense.

You all have me soo discouraged right now. How in the world am I going to tell my 8 y/o dog that she is is to old to be of any use? She is just not going to understand...

And I've been keeping my 2 y/o kenneled when he's not supervised. I do hope I haven't ruined him...

Dear Discouraged:

S.S.S.U.

What, no sheep question?

Substitute Open Source Ask The Nitwit.