BC Boards

Bindi and water

I decided to cut in a dahlia garden in front of Bindi's yard on Sunday. It was a warm and beautiful day. Bindi had already destroyed the plastic pool I got her and I haven't had time to search for a sturdier replacement. So I got out the boys' sled and filled it with water. I figured it was safe as long as I was there supervising.

Here are a few pictures:

e92d372a.jpg

e92d371c.jpg

She had so much fun. I really need to find a proper pool for her but we have a week of rain in the forecast so I have a little time.

Wow, she does love her water doesn't she? That second picture looks like she trying to tell you "I need more water please" :rolleyes:

Bindi looks like a wonderful dog--and one that would give the energizer bunny a run for it's money. It sounds like things are working out with her and your family. I can tell you love her!

You are going to take her to (what's that park on the waterfront, near the old navy houses?), aren't you?! Or how 'bout Luther Burbank on MI--they have a great offleash dog beach there. 'Course you don't mention exactly where you live so ....I think Sandpoint has a great beach but I don't know if it's offleash.

She definitely looks happy. I hope this is a sign that all is going well for her with the family as a whole. I'm so glad it is working out.

Yes!!! Things are going so much better. Bindi is starting to grow up and that has helped. She can still go crazy on the boys and counter-surfs every once in a while but I'm keeping on top of it. We are walking with her almost every day and when I'm gone for the entire day - she goes to doggy daycare. That has been a good thing for us. She comes home happy and exhausted.

I LOVE Border Collies. I'm catching the obsession. I can now understand why people on this board have multiples. We aren't going to get another dog any time soon but I can see us getting another one in our future.

You are going to take her to (what's that park on the waterfront, near the old navy houses?), aren't you?! Or how 'bout Luther Burbank on MI--they have a great offleash dog beach there. 'Course you don't mention exactly where you live so ....I think Sandpoint has a great beach but I don't know if it's offleash.

There's Discovery Park on Magnolia and Sandpoint. Those are the only places I can think of with old Navy housing.

I haven't taken her to a dog park yet. She doesn't come when I call and I don't want the embarrassment of chasing her down. I really need to get working on her recall.

P.S. I'm in Lynnwood

She's cuuuuute! Obviously loves the water, too. I have one of those hard plastic kiddie pools, is that what she destroyed? Wild child!

Yep - it was gone in an hour. Of course, I wasn't there supervising - she was just out in her yard. When I have time I'll check into a harder plastic one.

Guest Freckles LaLa Mom
There's Discovery Park on Magnolia and Sandpoint. Those are the only places I can think of with old Navy housing.

I haven't taken her to a dog park yet. She doesn't come when I call and I don't want the embarrassment of chasing her down. I really need to get working on her recall.

P.S. I'm in Lynnwood

If you can get to silver lake...that little park isnt bad for dogs. I took my ferrets there a lot. LOL My parents take the boys to lost lake near snoho/monroe and I had a friend that always took her husky X down to the shore on tulalip rez.