BC Boards

Cat Food

I see that the site Chris posted also references the site I posted. Cool!

A pup can't hardly go wrong with high quality protein and fat. It's too much calcium that can screw up a growing pup...in which case knowing what the calcium levels are in the cat kibble would definitely be smart. If the levels are similar to those in puppy kibble, there is no reason to worry about cat food.
In moderation, as treats, I don't see a problem. What I said was "too much" cat food might not be a good idea. I don't know enough to argue the point, but I think that dogs and cats have enough different nutritional needs that a puppy would be better off eating a good quality dog food over cat food. JMO.

I was so excited about the cat food as treats (and carrotts as treats from another bulletin) that when I went home last night i filled a baggie with carrots and cat food and went out for my nightly walk with the girls practicing recall... the dogs HATE the cat food. I got a great 'bitter beer face' from one dog and she curled her lip up and litterally hocked/spit the kibble several feet away. ROTF it was really funny!

LOL I don't have a problem with dogs getting cat food, as it is on the tippy top of the entertainment center. Its the TASTY litter box full of "almond roca" thats the issue. they love to sneak a piece here and there and then come over to me with their stinky breath!! of course giving away the bad deed they had just done!! :rolleyes: silly dogs