BC Boards

Dog Lover's Gold Dogfood- Need Input

It looks like an excellent dog food. The only negative I see is having chicken fat so high in the ingredient list (think it was fourth). But other than that, first ingredient is a meat in a meal form followed by rice (one of the best grains in my opinion) and more meat meals down the line. It is something I would consider trying myself if it was available in my area.

The man told me that their store, had stopped carrying canidae and now carry this brand instead.

He said it is better. Made by same company in the same plant. Designed by the same guy in Europe that designed Canidae. I was just wondering if this was all true.

• 1 month later...

Have any of you new members maybe heard of this dogfood. seems every pet store is raving about it out here.

I just checked out the g.a.. I compared to canidae. The top ingreds of this food are: lamb meal, brown rice, chicken meal, chicken fat. The protein/fat is: 25/16. The ME is not listed.

For Canidae the top 4 ingreds are: chicken meal, turkey meal, brown rice, white rice. The protein/fat is: 24/14.5

The ME is 468 kcal/cup.

This food looks good. I would have to see what they charge, and maybe bring it into the rotation.

Julie

I'm no help because I haven't seen that food before. I don't think anyone carries it around here.