BC Boards

O/T - horse rescue

I know we have some horse lovers on here, so I thought I would pass this along. I admit it, I cried when I watched it. It's a good cry like at the end of a movie when everything works out, only it's even better because it's Real Life, and not just a movie!!

-------------------------------------------------

This is an amazing video! You may have heard about the herd of horses that were trapped for 3 days on a tiny piece of land in wind and rain in the Netherlands a short while ago? They were trapped on a small piece of land, surrounded by water. Their natural instincts kept them from swimming to solid land from their tiny perch.

There were about 100 horses huddled together against the wind and water. The Nation was mesmerized watching this drama as 18 of the horses perished, while others were slowly weakening.

First the fire department, then the Dutch army, tried to rescue them - both efforts were unsuccessful. Then, with a break in the weather, the water level went down and four women :rolleyes: hatched a plan to attempt a rescue by luring the horses into the water.

Here's a video of the successful rescue.

http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=-4584913278289860160

I was wondering what happened to them, I remember seeing them on the news for a few days in a row, then nothing.

I am so glad they all made it back ashore. Seeing them all march towards their salvation was so heartwarming!!!

What smart women!!! :rolleyes: