BC Boards

Trainer in Ohio

jdarling

Does anyone know of a good trainer near Cleveland, Ohio? In looking at some of the lists of stockdog trainers in different states, there are people listed on there that I know that have NO business being called a "trainer," so I don't want to blindly refer someone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jodi

• 2 weeks later...

Bruce and Linda are located about an hour or so west of Columbus. They are outstanding handlers and well-respected, although a very busy young family.

Best wishes finding someone capable!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jodi,

I'm in Cleveland and take it from me, there is no one within comfortable driving distance for training border collies -- but a lot of "trainers" - as you said. There is a person who is an all breed trainer who is not that far, but that is about it.

Fogt's are really the closest and that would be about a 3 1/2 hour drive from Cleveland. I might be wrong, but I think Lyle is closer the the KY border, which is another hour or so. The only other place I can think of is someone in Michigan, but either way, if you live in Cleveland and need to find a legit trainer, might as well plan on devoting an entire day to driving there, working, and driving back.

If there is someone in this area, he/she is a well kept secret and I would give my eye teeth to know who that person is.

I forgot to mention that Elvin Kopp will be doing a clinic just south of Athens OH on Memorial Day weekend. You can get the information at www.buckeyecowdog.com. I expect that, at this point in time, the clinic is filled but auditing might be very worth while or perhaps there is a waiting list.

If Vicki is referring to the "all breed trainer" not too far from Cleveland that I've had a very small experience with, that wouldn't be worth either the time or money, IMO.

Best wishes!