BC Boards

Red Dogs Rule

Well, the time has come.

Visualize, if you will, the milk crate, metaphorically drawn up to the table at Jalapeno's in Lexington. Perhaps in your imagination you choose to see it decorated with bells and whistles, streamers and pom-poms, courtesy of Robin French. Now: people the tables in the immediate vicinity with Big Hats and Wannabe's, gathered in convivial groupings, gazing expectantly at this surprising and possibly alarming spectacle. Now see me climbing atop the milk crate, shoulders hunched in embarrassment, eyes averted from the crowd. Finally, imagine you hear the words I have solemnly committed to speak. And, while you listen, see the modest, albeit proud and triumphant grin on the face of Sam Furman, owner of the Greatest Red Dog in the World:

"I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact and was in no way fair comment and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.* RED DOGS RULE."

A

* Yes, that's right. Archie, hanging upside down outside the window in A Fish Called Wanda.

Good huh? Damn, I sure know how to grovel.

And just so the rest of you know, F*Red dog was the Bluegrass Nursery Champion, and let me tell you, he consistently did an awesome job over four days, running early or late, on Texas range sheep or the local variety, with sheep lining the fence or not. You name it, the boy handled it. You go Fred!

A