BC Boards

Kat is lost; NC triad area!

juliepoudrier

Hi everyone, I need you moral support, prayers, and help, if you live in the triad (North Carolina) area. Kat took off yesterday evening in the woods behind my house in Cedar Grove, NC (northwest of Durham and near the town of Hillsborough). I have been unable to find her and she has not returned on her own. I drove around the area last night knocking on neighbors' doors with a picture of Kat and asking them to please keep an eye out for her. I am making posters this morning to tack up, place in paper boxes, leave at the local post office, etc.

Those of you who have seen Kat at trials know what she looks like. For everyone else, here are a couple of pictures (some of these aren't great, but it's all I have electronically since my photo CDs are still in Elizabeth City):

ed06e7236615145fbf2f983792566a9e.jpg

d0b277bb774397b2e606272f0f6c990a.jpg

fc61e24007c80a73dcdedd92e85c48bd.jpg

fa1e473c497eb622422122d7893f66d4.jpg

Kat is a semi-rough (smooth with a fringe may be a better description) red tri border collie. She weighs about 35 pounds. She has one prick ear and one slightly tipped ear. She is wearing a blue plastic hunt collar with a nameplate that has my name and cell number on it. One identifying characteristic is that she has no nail on her right front dewclaw (she recently broek it and the vet had to remove it).

Kat is a bit shy and her response to anyone raising their voice is to lie down, so calling for her loudly is problematic. She is friendly with other dogs, but will cower if another dog is overly pushy. She is afraid of cats. She may show up around farms with livestock as livestock are familiar to her. (Around here it's mostly cattle, so she may opt to avoid that.) She might also be enticed with a ball or pine cone if she thinks you will throw it for her.

Please keep Kat and me in your thoughts and prayers. I am offering a reward for her safe return.

I can be reached at 919-732-7399 (home) or 919-313-1815 (work).

Julie