BC Boards

Seizure ?

karrie

Can a seizure be brought on by inhaling some mosquito spray the city puts out? Reason ask. Tuck had a seizure a while back... just the one none since.....I took him to the vet. He is not concerned till has one seizure a month or so. But vet checked him over nothing ( he was the picture of health). The seizure happened the day after the fogger came by( about 12 -14 hours later). Nothing else was different and he had never been out before when the fogger came by. Curiousity question I know but wondered if anyone else had a similar experience.

Not sure about the Fogger, but my Ruger had the same thing happen. It scared the stuffin out of me! The vet told us the same thing, not to worry till it happens more. He was about 4 when this happened. He has not had any since. It has been almost a year now. If he seems fine and the vet seems to think he will be ok, then just watch him. We never did figure out what made it come on. My Ruger is great. Hope this reasures you a bit.

Your department of environmental health should be able to tell you what was in the mosquito fogger. Check in the phonebook under the government listings. The only tricky part will be figuring out what level of government (city, county or state) was responsible for the fogging but I'm sure you can find out - FOIA and all that.