BC Boards

Shakey legs and bump in back

Blc

My border collie/ Australian shepherd mix has had front legs that shake since he was 4 months old for no reason. We prevented him from jumping for a long time he even learned to walk up on the couch or we would lift him Intel he reached 8 months old then we could only slow him down. We had vet look at him when a pup over it and they just said well he is not doing it now and no painful areas he is fine. He started his jumping big time at 11 months. For anything,  he would even toss toys in the air and jump to catch them. He will not play tug a war or anything else, he will squeak a toy but ends up throwing that one. Now though if he is very active more then 10 minutes his legs shake again or if he jumps for toys, bubbles,  frisbees as well sometimes he jumps taller then me and i am 5 foot 4. His back is not strait all the way and he looks like its rounded up near the rump just behind middle back. We have pointed it all out to our vet since we started to see these things and they said he was fine. No pictures to look or anything. Is this normal and if so why does his front legs shake when active.  Also when he plays for longer then 15 minutes he will lay down to cool off but when he stands it looks like the front legs will get up fine but it looks like he pulls his back end up instead of just standing. Any info would help thank you!

43 minutes ago, Blc said:

My border collie/ Australian shepherd mix has had front legs that shake since he was 4 months old for no reason...

Nothing happens for no reason, just reasons we don't understand and haven't figured out.

Hard to say if it's neurological or orthopedic or what, but if you're vet says he's fine I'd suggest taking him to another vet.

Can you take some video to show the vet?

I have and she told me to her it looks like he just over worked it. I will might have to drive farther out of town to find a different vet but it will be worth it if they can look into more. He walks fine any time before playing, he stretched a lot compaired to my chuhuahua but assume its just him. He trips with his front legs once in a while it looks equivalent to us tripping on our own feet. Thank you for your help!