BC Boards

Stinky BC 4 months

Hello everybody. We have a puppy BC 4 months (rafael). Yesterday we washed him outside in the  balcony only with water cause we thought he was muddy. Unfortunately an hour after he started to stink. You cant imagine the smell.  Today we tried to bath him, we only managed to wash him for 4 mnts before biting. Now he is looking clear and bathed but the smell from yesterday is still there. The living room is smelling from him although we washed him. Has anyone any idea? I think the yesterday wash with only water was wrong.!! Has anyone had any similar case in the past? Thank you

Washing with water won't make a dog smell, but it is a fact that wet dogs tend to smell. Try washing him with a good shampoo for dogs and then dry him with a hair dryer so he is thoroughly dry. It may be that the smell came from his being wet and he went around your house wet and got that smell everywhere.

Go very slowly with the bath, speak softly to him, and give him treats before,while, and after bathing. If your dog is biting you, that is not a good thing. But if it is because he is frightened of the bath, you can work that out with a desensitization protocol. 

If he continues to smell bad, you might consider taking him to the vet to get checked out.

Coming late to this, but it just struck me that his anal glands might be expressing. Anal gland stuff is some of the worst smelling stuff on the planet. Some dogs release a bit when they're excited, sometimes the gland can get really full and sort of leak. Ask the vet to see if his anal glands need to be expressed.

I got some of that stuff on a towel once, after bathing one of the dogs. Had to throw out the towel, after washing it 3 times.

Ruth & Gibbs