BC Boards

Those hurt

I posted this question in the wrong area earlier, my bad.....Grace has these dewclaws that when she is playing with you will catch my forearm and make a bloody mess from ripping my skin, it's horrible. I love playing with Grace she is so much fun, she is always looking for new things to do and she is loving but playing with her is dangerous. What can I do to prevent those dewclaws from shredding my arm?

Using a dremel would get rid of rough edges.
If more protection is needed maybe dog socks, booties, doggie wrist bands? A strip of vet wrap around the dew claw?
Maybe protection for you, there looks like there are lots of options for forearm protection, something you could slip on easily before you start playing?

Good luck!

Found this. If Gracie is actually trying to grab you, then it might be similar to this case of a leg grabbing playful pup.

Posted by Murray Momma 11 March 2013 - 01:59 PM http://www.bordercollie.org/boards/index.php?showtopic=34657