BC Boards

Where's all the Guy's ?

I have been involved in obedience for a few years (I help teach basic obedience, never been in the ring as BC's are not recognized by CKC in Canda.) There has always been about 90% women handlers. I Started agility in the fall and have joined the local agility club, just started to take an advance class in a neighboring community and it's all women. (No ofeense intended) 25 members in our club 2 men. Is it like this every where or is it just me.

Mmmmm Mutt I just noticed you are from N.B. where the sport has just started growing in the last few years!!! So give it a chance

We LOVE coming to the east coast and have done some trials and flyball in the past. Looking forward to the Nationals next year as rumour has it someone from NB will be hosting......

Cheers

Cindy

Hi Cindy your right it's still very new here. I am with F.A.S.T (Fudy agility and sports team) I beleive they just got up and running in 2000. I love the sport and I think alot of guy's would if they give it a try. Then again having all the ladies to myself isn't all bad but I think they keep me around for setting up equipment LOL.

Tony

It was the same at the Rally-O trial we competed at in March. In Level 1 (I didn't see much of the Level 2 and nor any of the Level 3 competition) all of the handlers were women.

I don't know why, though.

My husband and I have noticed this, too, as we are new into dog sports with Willow and Tenaya. We each have a dog to train (Rally, Obedience, Agility for now), but especially in Rally, he has often been the only guy! It does seem like 90% of the handlers are women, maybe a few more men in Agility (but still mostly women).

Even in SAR, where my husband is training with Tenaya, it seems like there are a lot more women.

Deanna in OR