BC Boards

Ugh cause of diarrhea?

Jescano

OK so Jinx has had this blanket in his crate for weeks with no problems. Them today he decided to eat it. He seems to have had a bit of an explosion in his crate. While I was cleaning it up I thought I saw something that looked like coffee grounds which in a human would suggest a gi bleed so upon further investigation (blech) I discovered is the threads in one of the blankets. Could that cause the diarrhea? Should I give him pumpkin or something? Or not feed him anything?

I did. He said it sounds like it is because of the threads. told me to just watch him and feed him a small dinner with some pumpkin and if he seems like he's in pain tomorrow and not pooping normally yet to bring him in.

Definitely glad I got insurance for this dog...

poop today actually had some shape to it, not "dripping" anymore. But not firm either. but his dinner last night was also half kibble have pumpkin. so today we're going to do a little less pumpkin and more kibble. He's still his happy self, just wants to play. And he was hungry this morning.

A friend of mine lost a yellow lab bitch when she ate a terry cloth towel vet xrayed but seen nothing final did exploratory surgery found it lodged in bowel but dog did not survive. He told me when I started to crate tilly to be careful what I put in crate because you never know what a dog will decide to eat when bored. He said he had raised lots of dogs and that was the only one who ever did it but made him a lot more careful so when I caught tilly chewing hers i switched it to a runner mat so far she hasn't chewed it. I would be curious what others use in their crates I don't like to just leave bare metal

I haven't bought any for myself yet (it's on the list for when I get some extra cash, though), but several friends rave about Primo crate pads. They're thinner, but w/ a foam core and plastic covered so completely washable. And if you have a dog that can be trusted with something else, you could put a blanket or rug on top of it.

The guarantee for chewing is kinda bogus 'cause it's for 30 days. OK if you bought it for one specific chewer but dogs will often decide to chew something unexpectedly after years of not chewing, or you may get another dog later, etc.

There was a discussion on what people put in crates here not too long ago, and I'd found another company with a similar guarantee, but I can't remember who it was. I'll search and see if I can find it again. But there were some rave reviews here for the Primo pads. :)