BC Boards

What's in your BC's doghouse?

My two dogs sleep inside our house in crates at night. But when they can't be with me during the day they have their own doghouses in the outside yard. So I go to change out their bedding and in the BC puppy's house I find three chewed up, dirt caked raw bones, a pull toy, a tennis ball and a four inch rock. My BC is a hoarder! :D

Tessa's "house" is the sofa in the living room (which is not our main "family room", so we are rarely in there). I often find several tennis balls shoved behind the cushions. She doesn't put them there, but she brings them up on the sofa and then lays on top of them! I call her a tennis ball hoarder!! :P

Mollie has a tree house, she likes to be up high where she can see what's going on. She takes EVERYTHING out to that tree house! Blankets, sofa pillows, toys, bones, the tv remote, a feather duster, a pair of my glasses...she's a total hoarder! If it's missing, we check the treehouse!

We have a couple places our dogs call home. They have their crates and I'll occassionally find a toy in there, but they always take 4 or 5 bones in their crates. They are usually in their crates at night but the doors stay open all day so they can come and go. Gideon will go in his crate to just hang out sometimes, but I have never seen Micah do this, yet all the bones eventually end up in Micah's crate. We don't let him have bones at night. He is a safe chewer, but he tosses them around all night long. The daytime doggy area is our TV room. There is every kind of toy imaginable all over this room. Their favorite game seems to be to pounce on the toy with their front feet and skid it under the couch. Micah hoards the bones, Gideon hoards the balls, they all end up under the couch.