BC Boards

my new puppy in 16 days

so i found a rescue who has a 9 week old i cant get him till may 3rd. he is a mix they dont know of what. but im going to send in the check for him and have them hold him till may 3rd. he will be 12-13 weeks old when i get him. i cant wait. i need a name for him. any suggestions? would love some. i will post alot of questions im sure in a few. :)

post-13192-072929500 1334611906_thumb.jpeg

post-13192-032189400 1334611933_thumb.jpeg

thank you. i was too late to get the other dog i wanted a few weeks ago. but i have been searching and fell in love with him. the rescue is a home based rescue. they get the dogs from kill shelters and adopt them out. which i liked because the puppies will get well socilized. they had this cattledog/shepherd that was so cute but i dont know anything about them, and have been wanting a bc for awhile and just couldnt pass this up, im halfway hoping he will be potty trained :),

Cute. Are you sure it has any border collie in it though? It's got an awful big, flat, round head for a border collie pup.

If you're okay with the dog possibly ending up not being at all border collie (lots of other kinds of dogs come in black and white too), then congrats. If you're not okay with maybe ending up with a shepherd X husky or something, maybe keep looking.

I only say this because you keep emphasizing how badly you want a border collie. I don't personally have a problem with mutts. But if you don't want one, you should adopt something you know is a border collie for sure.

Good luck getting a 9 week old housetrained puppy, btw.

RDM

Oh, my gosh, flagrl, he's adorable! But, what baby isn't? :D

Can't wait till you get him home and your adventures for a lifetime begin together.

Congratulations.

Your guy is so cute I just have to post Lewie's baby pic. This was his pic on petfinder.com when I was searching for my boy. He was 9 weeks when I brought him home.

8weeks.jpg

He is a beautiful puppy. I was also thinking, unless that is a tiny boy holding him, he is going to be a BIG dog. It reminds me of a german shepherd/lab mix I rescued years ago. He grew to be about 80lbs. Have you asked anyone about how big he may get??

BTW, my boy was as sweet as can be.. a lap dog if I would let him!

Enjoy your new addition!

he is very cute, congrats! I do think he looks like he has BC in him. My first BC was huge as a puppy and as an adult. he was purebred, abca registered, but ended up being 58 lbs and not over weight at all. Actually looked a lot like this little guy when he was a pup.

I also suck at naming dogs...you might have a list ready but wait until you have him a few days and see which names fit his personality.

Re the housebreaking schedule you posted on another thread, your schedule sounds fine, but be prepared to have to alter it to fit the puppy and/or changes in your life.

Also, here's a tip: when you want to play with the puppy (let's say, in the living room)....buy an inexpensive, sturdy drop cloth and lay it down when he is out of the crate and in the room with you. Then, if there is an accident, not only is it easy to clean up, but there are no reminder smells in your carpeting that will beckon him to go back and eliminate there again.

p.s. I love the picture that shows his little belly. I forgot how adorable those little pink puppy bellies look.

I'm so glad we have so many people getting puppies and posting pictures. Sort of eases my puppy-addiction. :)

I agree with beachdogz. it took two weeks before I came up with a name for our new little guy. Just had to figure out what fit. using a clicker and good treats, it didn't take long for him to know his name. As far as the names, Gotta pick what you like and what seems to fit. Good luck! can't wait to hear all about him when you bring him home!

Archived