BC Boards

Yep, I'm hooked!

I went to my first sheepdog trial Saturday (dog-less). I wanted to go and check it out and meet some people. I know this sounds corny but watching those dogs brought tears to my eyes! It's just so freakin cool to watch them work like that! I LOVED it!!!!! A few of my friends that do agility said I wouldn't like it and would be bored, um NO! lol

I got to meet some really nice people including Diane (deltabluez here on the board).

I know I have to wait to compete etc. But I am really looking forward to learning this with my new dog biggrin.gif Just wanted to share my excitement.

So tell us about when you first arrived and went to the judge's van? Does the name Ron ring a bell? ;-)

Also come out and get a lesson with one of my dogs until your dog is ready to go!

it was very nice meeting you and you met some really cool people.

laugh.gif yeah that was pretty funny! My kind of people ;) I will definitely be taking some lessons to get the hang of this new gig! Hope everything goes well for you tomorrow. See you soon!

Jackie came out to the trial. I told several people that she would be coming out and to look for her as I was judging and maybe not able to chat wiht her. We were moving the course around and Ron moved the van for me to the new location. Jackie went up to the van looking for me...she say it wasn't me and comment "oh you aren't Diane" (or something like that)

Ron, the smart ass, answered back "you must be Jackie"...then proceeded to say "Must be your first sheepdog trial" and some more humor popped up...poor Jackie had no idea who in the hell this guy was and how he knew all of this info about her. So that is the type of crowd she was introduced to at her first trial.

At the Handler meeting, I pointed her out to everyone so suddenly she had 30 new friends. Everyone made a point of talking to her and she had a good time. Of course later, Ron was a smart ass to her but Jackie, figured it out and gave it back to him. She will fit in well here.

I didn't get much time to chat with her as I judged almost 70 runs and we had to do all of them by dark. There were some great runs and the Novice and Rabch class were outstanding.

I invited her to come out for a lesson. She will recognize a few of the people from the trial at my place when she does. She is getting a pup that is related to my Reba. My Lucy that I used to run is also related to her pup.

Welcome the the working dog world....your life will never be the same and you will love the ride.

It was a real pleasure to meet you.

Jackie came out to the trial. I told several people that she would be coming out and to look for her as I was judging and maybe not able to chat wiht her. We were moving the course around and Ron moved the van for me to the new location. Jackie went up to the van looking for me...she say it wasn't me and comment "oh you aren't Diane" (or something like that)

Ron, the smart ass, answered back "you must be Jackie"...then proceeded to say "Must be your first sheepdog trial" and some more humor popped up...poor Jackie had no idea who in the hell this guy was and how he knew all of this info about her. So that is the type of crowd she was introduced to at her first trial.

At the Handler meeting, I pointed her out to everyone so suddenly she had 30 new friends. Everyone made a point of talking to her and she had a good time. Of course later, Ron was a smart ass to her but Jackie, figured it out and gave it back to him. She will fit in well here.

I didn't get much time to chat with her as I judged almost 70 runs and we had to do all of them by dark. There were some great runs and the Novice and Rabch class were outstanding.

I invited her to come out for a lesson. She will recognize a few of the people from the trial at my place when she does. She is getting a pup that is related to my Reba. My Lucy that I used to run is also related to her pup.

Welcome the the working dog world....your life will never be the same and you will love the ride.

It was a real pleasure to meet you.

It was nice meeting you too! I pick my boy up on Friday! I can hardly wait!!!!

Archived