BC Boards

Contacts for Australian Border Collie breeders

Megs

Hi all,

I will be travelling to Australia next year sometime to vist my aunt on her farm. When there I would like to visit some respected Border Collie breeders as I am hopefully going to import a red tri female in the near future and I would like to meet breeders and their dogs, chat to them etc. I am from South Africa.

Please can anyone point me in the right direction? I would specifically be looking for red's or red tri's.

Thanks very much.

Megan

I would like to visit some respected Border Collie breeders as I am hopefully going to import

There are some good working breeders in South Africa. Is there a reason you want to import from Australia?

As Elizabeth pointed out, there are some respected Border Collie breeders in South Africa. Here is one who comes to mind immediately for me. He is a handler internationally known and respected in the working Border Collie community. I don't know where he is located in relation to you, but since you are prepared to import a dog, getting one cross-country if needed should be a simple matter. :)

Faansie Basson, Elfa Border Collies

Good luck!

Archived