BC Boards

Happy Birthday Fergie

nancy

Our BC mix, Fergie turned 15 today.

Sure, she has arthritis in her back end in in her front left "wrist". And she has an irregularly irregular heart. And various different growths here and there.

But she took one or both of us on each of her 5 walks (about a mile each) today. She schmoozed with her friends today, and let a puppy friend bounce around her. She chased a squirrel. She sashayed through the gang of Muscovy ducks with a look like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth.

She got extra treats at breakfast, lunch, and cocktails. And fancy moist food with her dinner kibble. And a Frosty Paws doggie ice cream cup.

Yeah, she sleeps downstairs now, with Maggie the Cat playing CNA, because a full flight of stairs is tough going up and potentially dangerous going down.

But she's a grand old lady. And we're thrilled to have her - and have her doing so well.

Our BC mix, Fergie turned 15 today.

Sure, she has arthritis in her back end in in her front left "wrist". And she has an irregularly irregular heart. And various different growths here and there.

But she took one or both of us on each of her 5 walks (about a mile each) today. She schmoozed with her friends today, and let a puppy friend bounce around her. She chased a squirrel. She sashayed through the gang of Muscovy ducks with a look like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth.

She got extra treats at breakfast, lunch, and cocktails. And fancy moist food with her dinner kibble. And a Frosty Paws doggie ice cream cup.

Yeah, she sleeps downstairs now, with Maggie the Cat playing CNA, because a full flight of stairs is tough going up and potentially dangerous going down.

Happy Birthday Fergie, from my border collie Kate, who turned 14 today. Hearing sketchy, arthritis, but still a happy camper who follows the quad around while I feed horses/sheep. I hope she goes as long as your gal.

Carolyn

But she's a grand old lady. And we're thrilled to have her - and have her doing so well.

Archived