BC Boards

Disorientation

There's a party house down my street, and for about 6 weeks, people spill into the street from 1 a.m. to 4 a.m., shouting and disrupting things. Difficult sleeping conditions, and I can't close the windows because it's hot and humid. So, I finally got around to finishing the back bedroom (away from the noise) and last weekend I moved my bed into there.

Since then, Buddy is demanding to sleep on the OTHER side of the bed: the opposite side from where he's slept for four years. I've been puzzling out why: is it the alignment of the bed compared to the door or window? (Both are the same.) Is it the change in surroundings?

But I think I've got it now: I flipped the mattress. He's all kerfluffled. :rolleyes:

Mary

There's a party house down my street, and for about 6 weeks, people spill into the street from 1 a.m. to 4 a.m., shouting and disrupting things. Difficult sleeping conditions, and I can't close the windows because it's hot and humid. So, I finally got around to finishing the back bedroom (away from the noise) and last weekend I moved my bed into there.

Since then, Buddy is demanding to sleep on the OTHER side of the bed: the opposite side from where he's slept for four years. I've been puzzling out why: is it the alignment of the bed compared to the door or window? (Both are the same.) Is it the change in surroundings?

But I think I've got it now: I flipped the mattress. He's all kerfluffled. :rolleyes:

Mary

Oh, so cute --- he knows "his spot" too well!

Hmmm, are you sure it isn't the direction he faces when going to sleep? (Fen Shui say to sleep this way means ...etc.) Maybe he wants to dream a lot and wants to have his head to the south... or maybe he wants life to get on with it and wants his head facing east...or maybe....

Archived