BC Boards

Now I need to find a good stone wall

Tea

It's called permissiveness. It's cloaked in the desire to not hurt anyone's (animal or child, that is) feelings or self-esteem. It's led by the belief that correction or punishment or consequences that really are consequences = abuse. You're just seeing the end result. Welcome to the feel good world. It's a scary place for those of us who were raised (and raise our own) to have manners and be respectful.

J.

What she said. I'm working 2 days a week now in a liquor store where people often come through the drive-through (we have those in Nevada) with their dogs on board. Some of the conversations I get into with those people about their dogs are ... scary. There is SUCH a tremendous gap between some pet owners and common sense that Evel Knievel couldn't make the jump.

The sad thing is, they're just as permissive and wish-washy about their kids, and then wonder why their teenagers end up out of control. Oy .. a world without consequences or personal accountability. Hope they like what they get.

~ Gloria

everyone should go to a Jack Knox clinic or two before they have kids. Then apply the same concepts to raising their children....

After attending a clinic I realized the same reasons I have problems with my dogs (lack of respect!) are pretty similar to why I had problems (most minor, some not!) with my kids!

everyone should go to a Jack Knox clinic or two before they have kids. Then apply the same concepts to raising their children....

After attending a clinic I realized the same reasons I have problems with my dogs (lack of respect!) are pretty similar to why I had problems (most minor, some not!) with my kids!

Someone once got quite offended when Ed offered the opinion that raising good kids and raising good dogs had a lot in common. The older I get, the more I think this is true, and the better the job I wish I had done with both. For their sakes.

I'll take it one step farther. I think everyone should have to go to a Marc Christopher clinic. The ultimate in controler before having children. I also think it'd be a great idea if you had to raise a well mannered pup before given a license to have a child. THink how many less children there'd be.

I raised my kids to be polite and offer their help to anyone in need. I've seen old people freak out when my youngest child offers assistance. He's a strage duck and doesn't fit the norm for looks. But he is respectful and will help anyone in need.

He saves his rants for home.

My girls are grown and they still write thank-you notes for gifts that they recieve. My sister can't understand why some relatives are still sending my grown kids gifts but have quit sending her kids gifts. Try being polite and thanking someone, it's amazing what you get in return.

My son is not a good thank-you note writer. But he knows where the card isle is and will buy the kind of thank-you card where you really don't have to write much. Even he understands acknowledging kindness has returns. And yes it might start out with knowing you'll get more with kindness but eventually it becomes habit.

Geesh...kids these days....

I agree with who ever said charge your neighbor for the organic fertilizer. Or make her return the product!

Archived