BC Boards

What Do You Feed Your Dog?

So, I want to know what you feed your Border Collie?

My BC is 7 months old, and I want to switch to a healthier diet. I've heard of Orijen, EVO, Halo, The Honest Kitchen, Solid Gold, ect. and making a homemade diet. I really like Orijen and EVO, but I've heard they are very high in protein and it's not good for the kidneys?

Does anybody have a reccomendation?

Thank you! :rolleyes:

diamond, canine cavair, cadidae, tatste of the wild, california natural, innova, exclusive they are all good

I have an 8mo old that I just switched to Go Natural Grain Free Endurance formula. Its a high protein food that emulates a raw diet and doesn't overload the kidneys and liver like some other high protein dry foods (I was worried about that too). She has grain allergies so I needed a high quality grain free food. It took me awhile to wean her onto it but now she's doing great and her energy level is through the roof! There is great information on the company's website and the food also came highly recommended by my vet. Many specialty dog stores have food samples they will give you, so you could try several different kinds. We feed our lab Canidae, which is also a good grain free food and much cheaper than Go. Good luck!

I used to feed Evo which I thought was an excellent food but then we got Orijen out here and I switched over to that. My coonhound used to have bad anal gland problems. I always thought that it was just him and the breed. BUT lo and behold when I switched to Orijen the anal gland problems stopped. I have heard other people mention the same thing when talking about their dogs and Evo. That's really my only complaint about Evo. I am really very happy with Orijen and I think that if you can't/don't want to feed raw that Orijen is the next best thing. Just my opinion...

1 year old BC eats Blue Buffalo canned and kibble and loves it so far, except the Duck and Chicken Dinner we also switched cats over also and they are eating much better .

Archived