BC Boards

I may have found out why my dogs were lost

It turns out that the scruffy looking white thing my neighbors own is a dog agressive mule. Last night it was in my yard and decided to chase my dogs right up onto the porch. It had to enter their area in order to do this so, it really hates dogs.

If my dogs were dumb enough to take off after them up into the fields. I would bet that Mule had no trouble running them off and with the snow they got lost.

I wouldnt have even gotten up to see what was going on this the dogs except they were making a bark like I'd never heard before and arrived just in time to see the mule chase them down to my porch. Luckily he didnt Come on the porch after them.

I dont know why my neighbors cant keep their horses in. They are out running up and down the neighborhood at least once a month sometimes a few days a week.

It turns out that the scruffy looking white thing my neighbors own is a dog agressive mule. Last night it was in my yard and decided to chase my dogs right up onto the porch. It had to enter their area in order to do this so, it really hates dogs.

If my dogs were dumb enough to take off after them up into the fields. I would bet that Mule had no trouble running them off and with the snow they got lost.

I wouldnt have even gotten up to see what was going on this the dogs except they were making a bark like I'd never heard before and arrived just in time to see the mule chase them down to my porch. Luckily he didnt Come on the porch after them.

I dont know why my neighbors cant keep their horses in. They are out running up and down the neighborhood at least once a month sometimes a few days a week.

I once had a horse that regularly defeated regular fencing. He was too lazy to jump over so he rolled under the barb wire. Then when we fixed that, he went to work on the five bar gate and took the entire group on a merry little midnight jaunt. But we figured it out and put him in lock down :rolleyes:.

They might not realize that good fences make good neighbors....perhaps the local SPCA or the police might explain that to them as livestock on the roadways is a definite hazard.

Liz

They might not realize that good fences make good neighbors....perhaps the local SPCA or the police might explain that to them as livestock on the roadways is a definite hazard.

Liz

Particularly when it is a common occurance. They can be held liable for any injuries.....

Some cheap strands of hot wire might help...

I agree that good fencing makes for good neighbors and for the life of me I can't figure out why out here in CO they still go with the ordinance, if you want your neighbors cattle out of your yard, it's up to you to fence them out. But my dogs can't go in my neighbors yard, not that they do but jsut saying. And I've had neighbors cattle right in my front yard starring at me through the window. I think I upset the neighbor when Mick and I very quietly without the use of teeth or running, put them back where they go.

At least you have an idea of what might have caused them to take off.

Now to figure out how to keep it from happening again, or keeping the mule in his yard.

I agree that good fencing makes for good neighbors and for the life of me I can't figure out why out here in CO they still go with the ordinance, if you want your neighbors cattle out of your yard, it's up to you to fence them out. But my dogs can't go in my neighbors yard, not that they do but jsut saying. And I've had neighbors cattle right in my front yard starring at me through the window. I think I upset the neighbor when Mick and I very quietly without the use of teeth or running, put them back where they go.

At least you have an idea of what might have caused them to take off.

Now to figure out how to keep it from happening again, or keeping the mule in his yard.

He must be a pain in butt because he was the only one turned out with a halter. I was planning on leading them home him in front but, when I said the word home the leader horse took them all home. The mule needed a bit of encouragement but, went.

Do you have a fence around your property or your back yard or is it unfenced and open? I'm just trying to get the complete picture.

well you said something about being in CO and i dont know about there but wyoming is a fence out state meaning if you dont want them there its your responsibility to fence them out. Not sure why just is. Maybe just talk to your neighbors and work with them and see if you can work to keep there animals on there land and if they blow you off just build a really good fence i guess. Or teach the dogs to run the mule back to where he belongs. lol

Archived