BC Boards

Lucky dislikes the rain

::sigh:: Lucky doesn't like to go potty when it's raining out. He'll go outside, and immediately look sad as soon as he realizes it's wet. I don't know what he's worried about? Doesn't wanna get his pee wet?! This dog is teaching me a whole new level of patience....

::sigh::

• 2 weeks later...

My two both felt the same way at first. Toby didn't want to go out in the rain b/c he was left outside tied up so long I think he still have some PTSD. Izzy just doesn't like to get wet/dirty, to the point where if we're hiking in the mountains, she'll avoid mud puddles and the like.

What I started doing is taking them out in the rain in the backyard and play with them, throw a ball, tug, etc. I put on my rain gear so I stay dry and have a great time with them. That seemed to cure them of the not wanting to get wet part :rolleyes:

Tim

My two both felt the same way at first. Toby didn't want to go out in the rain b/c he was left outside tied up so long I think he still have some PTSD. Izzy just doesn't like to get wet/dirty, to the point where if we're hiking in the mountains, she'll avoid mud puddles and the like.

What I started doing is taking them out in the rain in the backyard and play with them, throw a ball, tug, etc. I put on my rain gear so I stay dry and have a great time with them. That seemed to cure them of the not wanting to get wet part :rolleyes:

Tim

Archived