BC Boards

Remember Mick?

sea4th

He's at my house now, for a while. Mick, the 12 yr. old border collie was injured when he was attacked by a neighbor's dogs. And when his owner signed a lease on another house to move away because of this incident only to find out there is a 2 dog limit where she's moving to? She has 3 dogs and we figured Mick would be the best candidate to temporarily (meaning until her old(er) dog dies), stay at my house. She adopted Mick from me as a rescue 11 yrs ago and he has occasionally stayed with me over the years, so when I brought him home a couple of weeks ago, Mick walked in as though he belonged here and no one gave him a second look. He fits into this house like a puzzle piece. He sleeps on the bed with me (just invited himself) and he's quite the talker, and as you can see, he's made himself quite at home:

Mick1.jpg

Mick2.jpg

Mick3.jpg

Hope to have more Mick stories.

He looks like his world has turned upside down, and he doesn't understand why. Or maybe he's just worried that you might send him back!

He is very good at that "woe is me" look. His owner felt even guiltier after I sent her these pics. LOL. Thing is, all that needs to come out of your mouth is "you want .....", and Mick comes flying off that chair ready to hear the rest, up on his toes and his plume of a tail waving in anticipation (his tail was about the only part that wasn't shaved for surgery).

Believe me. He's having the time of his life playing Brokeback Mountain with a couple of the other old geezer border collies here. LOLOL

Believe me. He's having the time of his life playing Brokeback Mountain with a couple of the other old geezer border collies here. LOLOL

Maybe he doesn't like having his picture taken? I agree that he looks rather sad/lost in those photos for whatever reason. Maybe a photo of him playing (G rated) would cheer his owner up. So she can see him having fun rather than being a drama queen.

Archived