BC Boards

Mistys new collar :D

ok so after years of Misty being harder on her collars then she is on her body... each of the collars in this picture lasted about 1 year or less before looking like this:

collars1.jpg

now I have a thing for fancy collars..its like, my one indulgance lol, my cup of tea is collars like this:

IMG_0108_2.jpg

and this:

IMG_5039.jpg

so the prospect of having to go with a plain jane collar did not appeal! I finally broke down and decided perhaps a leather collar is the best option for Misty because clearly fabric does not stand up to whatever the heck she does! the problem...it needed to fit my idea of "pretty" lol, someone directed me to Collarmania's custom leather collars..and back in the middle of december I designed up a leather collar for Misty..today, it finally arrived..I LOVE it!

mistycollar1.jpg

mistycollar2.jpg

now, lets hope that she doesnt managed to shred this one!

That's a beautiful collar - especially that pink ribbon. But if Misty does chew it, try

http://www.lupinepet.com/

They guarantee their collars, leashes, and harness against chewing. My brother got one replace when the third of three long-lived dogs finally chewed it. He brought it in (OK, he lives near Conway NH) as a joke. And was handed a new collar.

They also don't run if the dog likes to swim.

she doesn't have an issue with chewing collars. she has never chewed a collar in her life, and I change her collar if she is going near water. she is just so enthusiastic about everything she does, that the damage to those collars in 100% "wear and tear", she just manages to "wear and tear" them into destruction in about 1 year, she has even manged to cause such damage to strong nylon collars with the patterns imbeded in the nylon :rolleyes:

I just LOVE Misty's new collar ! Very sexy !! :D It would be a real shame if she ruined that one... :D

You should look into lupine next , they replace any collar if torn , ripped , eaten, no questions asked , I can definatley attest to that. :rolleyes:

But Im a little concerned on how the heck is she doing that ? :D Does she get her collar off ? Or is it that loose on her neck that she can get her bottom jaw under the collar ? If its that loose on her neck , arent you afraid of her choking herself or getting a leg caught up in it and panicking ? :D

Its just a pet peeve of mine . :D

nope, not getting it off and not too loose..her mouth is not invloved at all, she just has a habit of throwing herself around, slamming herself into things, doing flips and sommersults, jumping over half walls, flinging herself through windows and over fences etc... she does almost as much damage to herself and our house as she does to her collars. lets just say her vet bills are high..not to mention all the doors and windows we have had to replace :rolleyes:

nope, not getting it off and not too loose..her mouth is not invloved at all, she just has a habit of throwing herself around, slamming herself into things, doing flips and sommersults, jumping over half walls, flinging herself through windows and over fences etc... she does almost as much damage to herself and our house as she does to her collars. lets just say her vet bills are high..not to mention all the doors and windows we have had to replace :D

:rolleyes: Better off saving your money for the vet bills then . :D:D:D:D:D:D

I only buy Earth Dog collars. I just replaced the first ones I bought. They lasted around 5 years and were still very functional but were looking a little worn. They are made of hemp and are machine washable. I wash them often and they still hold up.

That is a beautiful collar. One of my dogs swim so I have always been afraid to get them leather.

all the collars above that she shredded ARE high quality, hand made to order collars, and all were still fully functional in the state pictured, I still get those ones for all my others dogs, and despite being wrestled in and been taken swimming in, being taken through shrubs and heavy tree'd area's on several dogs over a period of 5 years now..all the collars that Misty has NOT worn, remain looking like new

as an example...these 2 collars pictured are exactly the same age, they were the first collars I ordered from aroundthehounds, they were ordered and arrived at the time time, 5 years ago. the one of the left has received MORE wear then the one on the right and has been worn by several different dogs, the one of the right has been worn by nobody exept Misty

collars2.jpg