BC Boards

Microchip question

Okay, I'll start off with a "maybe I'm not too bright" statement...but, I just purchased a pup and part of the package contains all the info on her chip so that I can transfer the registration. This got me thinking, with my boy, I received no such info and wasn't aware that I should have. On his CBCA papers is a registration number, is this his chip ID? If so, how can I determine which registry has the records for it? I know I can go to the vet and get it scanned (assuming it's really there) but it's Sunday and I'm curious today :rolleyes:

I have emailed the breeder asking for the registration info, but thought I'd ask here while I wait.

thx

The CBCA is not the same as his chip number.

There are several outfits that do RFID chips Avid (which my dog has) is the biggest I think. Best thing for you to do is find out whose chip it is and let us know. We can give you a better answer then.

This is sort of a high jack, I know this isn't what you were looking for, but it might help others. This website is set up so that if you have or find a pet that has a microchip, but you are unsure of what company it last registered you can enter the microchip # and it will tell you the last company. This has really made things a lot easier at work (I work at a vet's office) since it can be hard to tell what company a microchip comes from.

... This got me thinking, with my boy, I received no such info and wasn't aware that I should have. On his CBCA papers is a registration number, is this his chip ID?

All CBCA-registered dogs need to have some kind of permanent ID (either a tattoo or a microchip). This information will be in the top right-hand corner of his CBCA papers.

All CBCA-registered dogs need to have some kind of permanent ID (either a tattoo or a microchip). This information will be in the top right-hand corner of his CBCA papers.

Thanks Kristi, that's what I thought the number was. I just can't trace it to a database yet. My new pup's chip is through eidap, and the number is a similar format, but not one of their's. The breeder says she sent the info, I just don't recall ever seeing it. I'll take him in and get him scanned.