BC Boards

Thanks for your support!

amc

I'd like to thank my potential sponsors Terry Murray, Ben Kercmas (Northfield Nick), Usher, Walt Feasal and Sue Rayburn for sponsoring me and Jean at the National Sheepdog Finals. Unfortunately, we just missed the cut; we had 13.2 points and it took 14.4 to get in. :rolleyes: I really appreciate your support, and I'm sure the group will get reassigned to a FABULOUS team!

Thanks also to ALL who have or still will sponsor Finals teams; it's a wonderful gesture of support for the event and for the handlers and the dogs.

Amy

Amy - We all were very glad to lend our support to you, Jean, and the Finals. I'm sorry you didn't make it but that doesn't lessen your partnership with Jean and the good work you can do together on or off the trial field. Maybe next year?

Thank you very much for the note of appreciation. Best wishes!

Thanks, Guys!

I was thinking I'll probably be too busy and scattered to have given Jean the run she would have deserved anyway, so yes, we'll see what happens in years to come; she's just 5 so hopefully has a good long run ahead of her!

Mark, gosh I hope it doesn't take 25 or 30 points next year! Yikes! Hopefully you and Renee both will do well at enough trials to get there!

Others may recall differently, but it seems to me that this cutoff was pretty high by comparison to past years; also, I can't ever recall having 83 Nursery dogs. Must be the down economy, eh? :rolleyes:

Amy

Lucy got in by the skin of her teeth. Roo, Tess and Nan had plenty of points. All of my Open dogs qualified!!

For those of you that sponsored Tess, she has been retired and Roo (her son) is taking her place. I will be running Roo and Nan. Jenny Glen will be running Lucy. Scott Glen will be running Sleat.

Goodness, a pack of my dogs will be running at the Finals. YEAH.

Thanks to those who have sponsored me. Jenny Glen and Lucy still need a sponsor in case you looking for a handler/dog.

Diane~

Mark, gosh I hope it doesn't take 25 or 30 points next year! Yikes! Hopefully you and Renee both will do well at enough trials to get there!

Others may recall differently, but it seems to me that this cutoff was pretty high by comparison to past years; also, I can't ever recall having 83 Nursery dogs. Must be the down economy, eh? :rolleyes:

Amy

I think the cut off for the PA finals was around 22 points, so it's not inconceivable for it to be even higher for the VA finals. Speaking for myself, the economy *has* affected me (lost my job) and I doubt I'll be able to make enough trials to come even close to earning the needed points. And I don't even have a nursery dog (this year was their year). That will be a shame, since we've qualified every other year we've run in open. But that's life! And I can always volunteer in 2010 and aim for the following year. Of course Twist will be going on 10 then....

J.

Aw poop. You'll be there though right? I'm coming in Thursday night and leaving Sunday evening.

Oh heck yeah I'll be there, starting the weekend before if not earlier! I'll have plenty to do, will probably be wearing 3 or 4 walkie-talkies at least....so just as well I don't have to obsess about running my dog! :rolleyes:

It will be great to see you, Melanie, and all others who are able to come!

Amy