BC Boards

Ford Transit Connect

I have a 1977 F150.

I learned how to drive on a 1977 Ford F150 (red, three speed, on-the-column shifter)! I loved driving that thing around, and boy did I ever beat the crap out of it. Plus, if I accidentally left my keys in it, it was very easy to break into to get them back. :rolleyes:

OK, you all driving the Escape and Focus - how on earth are you hauling dogs in them??

I can fit 3 crates in the back of the Escape. A 24x36" for my black dog, 20x30" for my BC, and 18x24" for my sheltie mix. Add a cooler, pop-up tent and folding chair in the front passenger seat, and there is no room for husband :rolleyes:

This was my first ever ford purchased in 1985 and lovingly restored mine was jet black with Gold side trim. It sort of made you thin of a police car. It was a body for the edsel but, a nicer front with a french hood that would unlatch and unpredictable times.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1957-1958-fo...airlane-500.htm

I loved that car.

We have had a number of fords and mercury's over the years and Pontiacs. We prefer a sportier trim package.

Right now we have a 2000 mercury villager (2nd motor) and a bought right off the show room Pontiac vibe. Very nice car. We liked that it was fanicer than the toyota model.

Cause we would have to include the Chevy Vega and Cadillac V8-6-4 as well to keep it even.

You forget the Corvair. :rolleyes: But the Vega with the Iron Duke engine (rather than the aluminum head engine) was actually a pretty good car.

I often do work for my parents' small business and, though I would love to get that sort of gas mileage, it can't hold nearly enough weight. I would need 3 of them to carry what one of our Chevy Express vans, or GMC Savana vans can haul.