BC Boards

Sidebar On Dog Food

I have already recounted my recent misadventures with Missy, so I will not bore you by repeating them. When Missy came home, she was reluctant to eat. She had been on a mix of IVD Therapeutic dry food and Innova senior canned food. The vet felt that it was imerative that Missy eat, so she switched to an all-canned-food diet. The current diet is a 50/50 mix of IVD Sensitive canned and Merrick. Missy loves it! And, to be frank, I can understand why she loves the Merrick; it appears so appetizing that I've been tempted to taste it myself. So I would add Merrick to any listing of recommended dog foods, based both on the vet's recommendation and my own experience.

Oh, incidentally, Missy is doing just fine now; thanks to all who expressed their support when we almost lost her. At 12 years old, we know it is just a matter of time, given all that she has been through (cancer, reconstructive surgery on her leg, and her latest incident); but we intend to spoil her rotten during whatever time she does have left.