BC Boards

Best Guess?

I have a friend who is looking to possibly adopt this fellow from the local animal shelter. He is listed as an "8 mo. old BC". I haven't seen him live, but . . .

Panda.jpg

the shelter also tends to call any black and white dog a BC or BC/mix. Any body have an opinion? (Could be some BC, I guess, but for some reason he looks PB to me - but I'm certainly no expert.)

I suspect she will adopt him regardless of whether or not he is a BC, but wanted my opinion.

I think he's for sure a mix, I agree with Pit and/or Lab but I think he also is BC. I dunno, just look to me like he may be part

Based on the many, many pit bull mixes in my area that I have met and those that show up on the local shelter's web site (that is just about all they get), I also agree with the lab/pb mix. Lots of the pit bull mixes on the local shelter's web site have crazy black/white markings, and I do not see any BC in them at all. It is pretty obvious who has pit bull in the mix when you see them all lined up in a row...

http://waifanimals.org/dog_list.asp if you want to see what I mean. WAIF is a mostly no-kill shelter, by the way. "WAIF only euthanizes animals with aggressive behavioral problems and/or animals that are suffering."

Allie + Tess & Kipp

http://weebordercollie.com

I really hope he gets adopted regardless of his breed(s). I'd adopt him if I could, lol. He looks like a cool dog. I used to have a pit bull mix who was awesome. He got hit by a car when I left him with a friend one weekend :rolleyes: I also had a border collie/rottweiler mix that we adopted but she looked mostly border collie.

Thanks for the replies. I think that a Pit Bull mix is most likely (although the local shelters usually identify PBs and PB/mixes pretty well).

My friend is fairly familiar with the bull breeds, as her "ex" had several Bulldogs and PB/mixes. In fact, I kind of think that's what attracted her to this pup. :rolleyes: She really has no experience with BCs and this little fellow is probably a better choice for her anyway.