BC Boards

Jackson's herding lesson!

Jackson had another herding lesson today! His trainer said he would be the top herding dog in no time! Okay, maybe that was just in my head! :rolleyes: But she did say he did really well. He will now change direction with little instruction. He was able to move up on them slow. We are going to go every Tues. for a while. I posted pics in the Galery. Not real good but you can kinda see him! I am soooo excited! Can't wait for next week!

We are going to go every Tues. for a while.
I am green with envy. A friend and I travel three hours each way and are fortunate to be able to go once every three to four weeks.

I enjoyed your pictures!

Best wishes!

Sheryl, I know how you feel! Jackson started back in Dec. But due to the houseful we have been supporting( :mad: ) we just weren't able to continue! The last three months have been torture! Don't worry, your time will come!

Sue, wow, three hours away! You are sooo dedicated! I have to drive 1.25 hrs. and thought what a sacrafice I am making! Ha! Well, when it comes down to it I guess we do what we do cuz we love them. I promise never to complain about the drive!

LOL Cheri, that is sooo me! Glad to know I ain't the only one!

Sheryl, I think you COULD work just two sheep but the advice I have seen suggest at least 5. As they will need to be able to learn to take one or two sheep and sepperate them. Dunno for sure. Someone else will probly give better advise! Also, especially just starting out and with the dog still learning, the sheep SHOULD be dog broke.

Congrats!!! It is sooo addicting, isn't it? I have graduated to being able to work in the "big" field on my own - with my trainer checking in on me as he putters about his yard/field or works with another person and their dog - the only problem with that is that I sometimes forget that I am "working" to and just get caught up watching Dublin, standing there with a goofy grin on my face....