BC Boards

Shedding

As I prepared for my trip to get my new boy Jet I was thinking "shedding border collie in a hotel room...what to do"? I was shopping for a new supply of tape lint removers when I came up on the Pledge Fabric Sweeper so I got a couple.

I'm a happy girl! I got tufts of hair up off of the floor in the hotel room as well as hair off of a quilt at home without any effort or un peeling yet another tape roller. Thought that everyone with BC hair issues would like to know if they really work. They do!

It looks great.

http://www.pledge.com/fabric-sweeper/

It says it's disposable. Does it look possible to take it apart and empty it for reuse? It seems ridiculous to make something like this disposable and I hate to be wasteful. I rarely use tape rollers -- I have a rubber brush thingie that is sort of like a hair squeegee. It works very well, but this looks much easier to use.

Yeah, I saw that, but I was wondering if, despite the admonishment, a clever owner might figure out how to do just that. I can't tell from the video whether it might be disassembled or not. If this thing is really and truly impossible to retrofit such that it may be used over again, I can't justify buying it.

Yeah, I saw that, but I was wondering if, despite the admonishment, a clever owner might figure out how to do just that.

I also thought the same thing. I'm tempted to buy one just to experiement. The reason that they write that is that emptying it will reduce their profits; a bit like printer manufacturers don't want to to refill ink catridges.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright. I bought one of these Sweeper thingies - $4.99 or so. Works great on fabric - conforter, bed sheets, fabric couch - not well at all on microsuede couch. And Chris just figured out a few minutes ago, as I asked him to take a look at this, that the two rolls are very easy to take out and clean the plastic inside of the hair collected and then put them back in place - I tested it after he cleaned it and it still functions perfectly.

It is not a disposable tool.

Chris just figured out a few minutes ago, as I asked him to take a look at this, that the two rolls are very easy to take out and clean the plastic inside of the hair collected and then put them back in place - I tested it after he cleaned it and it still functions perfectly.

It is not a disposable tool.

Now I will have to get one, this is just what I was waiting to hear!

Works great on fabric - conforter, bed sheets, fabric couch - not well at all on microsuede couch.

That's probably why it didn't work very well for me-- I have micro-fiber couch. Didn't try it on anything else.

My BF bought me these for christmas and I adore them! http://www.buzzillions.com/dz_66356_everca...itt_1ea_reviews

They work well (way better than tape lint rollers) on the couch, on clothes, on everything I've tried them on and they are re-usable!

My favorite grooming/cleanup tool is one of the red rubber pimply mitts that are sold in the tack shop for grooming the horse's face and legs, costs less than $3. I use it on the cats as a grooming tool (the BC has long hair) and on the furniture and rugs to pick up the fur that gets left behind. It doesn't damage the furniture and you just peel the fur out of it.