BC Boards

Rune it is!

Wow its been a busy, busy, but wonderful week.

Rune is...well, just wonderful. She is quickly coming out of her shell, and no longer 'hides' in the back of her crate, but shadows my every step and curls up at my feet every time she gets the chance. She goes to her crate when asked, is already getting the hang of fetching things i throw for her, and she hasn't had a single accident in the house!

She goes to work with me every day. No more drooling in the car, she just curls up and lays there for the most part...sometimes pressing her head over on my lap.

Despite the fact that she is obviously under-socialized, she is doing very well. What i think troubles her the most is people picking her up. Thats when she freezes, and locks up, and piddles. I was always picking her up to put her in my car, because i figured she was so scared of it and that was why she would balk and not come near it. Then this afternoon we were at the park, and I approached the car, opened the passenger side door, and probably mush to the amusement of bystanders, crawled over to my seat giving her an encouraging call. Sure enough, she hopped in right after me. So, it seems its the picking up she fears, more than the car. It was juts a funny little eureka moment I felt the need to share.

She has to be the laziest puppy ever though! I'm almost unnerved by her inability ot get into mischief. If I'm not paying her any attention, she is curled up sleeping. Other than that she just shadows me, and chases after a tossed toy. What a doll...but I'm sure this will probably chnage within then ext few weeks, and I'll be eating my words. LoL.

Oh yeah, I bet you'll be eating your words too. LOL My little puppy-monster still isn't out of the mischeif stage... she likes to find things to chew on for fun.

Rune sounds like a wonderful dog!! And how great it is that you can take her to work every day. I look forward to hearing more updates as time goes by! :rolleyes: (And pictures. Dont' forget the pictures!)

You are giving me want another puppy!! She sounds like such a great little dog. I want more pictures of her! She is just so darn cute! :rolleyes:

About not being playful and such, maybe she doesn't know how (you said she was under-socialized) so I would encourage her to play on her own (even if it is just chewing a bone or something). Or maybe because she wants so bad to make you happy that she just sleeps so she knows she is doing right. In that case I would NOT correct the dog for getting in trouble, just boost her confidence. Also, because it was so wierd when you first got her, make 100% SURE that she is 100% healthy. It would be just awful if something happend to this little girl!

Have fun watching her grow up, I think she still has a bit to go! And don't forget! Take 1,000,000 pictures of her! :D

SA, given the description of the woman you got her from, I would not be surprised to find that the pup had lots of unpleasant experiences while being picked up! Normaly pups love the opportunity to get that close! However, that said, one of the reasons we picked Jackson over his brother was the way he was stand-offish when we picked him up. Jackson on the other hand was all over us. So, it's a toss up. But knowing the weird nature of her previous owner, I'll go with the former.

Glad you used the name Rune. It really suits her! I am so happy for you! Soon as she settles in and finds out what a push over you are.........LOL We'll await anxiously the reports! Best of luck to you both and congradulations!

Sarah, she sounds wonderful...I suspect once she gets into 'the groove'....she'll become a puppy terror :rolleyes: at least that was my experience with Dusty BA (bad as*!!). He was almost saintly until he got used to being in our house...now, well, he comes by the 'BA' naturally but we love him anyway

Have fun, we'll all be watching for more pictures!