BC Boards

I swore I wouldn't do it again

Bliss is here to stay- I'm such a wuss. My Mother loves her and she won't let me place her. Mom loves to BB Sit but doesn't want a full time dog. Bliss is working on her therapy dog title because she loves the elderly.

Another crate full and one unhappy BF. I got the rescue today. He is so scared. I felt like I was rounding up sheep to take him for a walk- treats didn't work. Nothing. He's the most shiest dog I've ever met. After our walk, I left Usher (Mr. growly teeth) in his kennel and Bliss and new dog and I laid on the kitchen floor. Bliss showed him I wasn't so bad. Now, he hasn't left my side. Here's some BEFORE pics.

newdog004.jpg

newdog003.jpg

HERE"S MY BUTT

newdog002.jpg

Apparently I shake too much to take photo's

newdog001.jpg

She's a really pretty dog. Good luck. I know you'll do great with her.

Last night and today have gone really well. He's sticking to my like glue! He's never been crated, but slept fine in his last night. When I went to take a shower this morning I couldn't find him, he was in his crate!!! What a good boy!! Neuter is Dec 1.st. I doubt he will miss "the boys"

He's about a year. Never been in the house or on a leash. He doesn't know his name, so I named him "Smuckers" because with a name like Smuckers....you've got to be good. LOL. Their son bought 3 from the same litter. Now he's in jail. Great kid! At least they gave me $100. out of the $114. to neuter- I'll pay for the shots, which of course he's had none. I think I might have an agility home for him, if not that .... a friend of mine, his dog died a month ago and he wanted Bliss, but this dog is pretty nice and he might want him. It will be an easy placement and a happy home either way.

*Smacks head* I guess I didn't read your post good enough. I called him a girl. First he gets neutered and then I call him a girl :rolleyes: Oops. I'm glad he's doing so good. He's really a handsome guy.

Good luck with your new baby I prefer slightly timid to climbing up my back digging at me any day.

It's really hard to say you wont help again when your needed. I know I swore no pups born in my house ever again after the frst set then I forgot and did a second. Now I have a mom and pups arriving in a week and a half and all may come here or depending on mom just the pups as I think they are nearing weaning. She may want a break from them. lol

Keep up the good work

slightly timid? This poor guy has no sense of love. He watches me play with the other two and I try and coax him to play----I'm on the floor letting them play and bring toys and the poor guy just won't approach me.

We are working on it- day by day, takes awhile. He's not eating much- probably used to free food- NOT at my house- 20 minutes and it's gone. He'll figure it out. I'm feeding him out of a frisbee disc, cuz that's what his new owners want to do with him. He's SO shy- poor baby.

I'm trying every technique I know- any help would be appreciated.

He won't take "head pets", to get him inside I need the other dogs. If I go in the garage to have a smoke, it's like herding sheep to get him back in the house. He is really scared. I've tried to show him "humans are good"

He's gaining trust with me. Why do people do this? I admire the parents for giving him to me and the $ for the neuter, I'll pay the shots- I'm pretty sure I have an easy home for him. God love this dog- He just needs a forever home. Can't be mine- I'm full. LOL. But he's a great dog.

Sounds like a "velcro dog" in the making. You know the drill - don't push it, let him take his time and his own approach to getting relaxed and glad to be around people, pet under the chin or on the chest or wherever he's comfy, etc. It is marvelous when you have an appropriate dog to show him the ropes and let him see that this is a very good place to be right now.

You'll get him "just right" and then it will both break your heart a little bit and make you glad a great deal when he goes on to that forever home. You'll always have the satisfaction of knowing that you are making a world of difference for one scared, confused dog who deserved much better than he had in life prior to your efforts.

Very, very best wishes!

It sound like it will be fine. I'm an expert dog herder. Heck I should compete at sheepy hollow myself next year.lol Who wants to pretend to own me??

What I meant by I prefer shy is I respect wanting to avoid me and find it so much easier to deal with than anxious and mauling me in a fresh rescue.

I carry so many dogs into the house and possible for a week later to teach them the ropes. Your established dogs will guide him and you got great advice. He will come along and you will almost forget he was like that in the beginning.

The other great thing is when it comes time for him to be adopted he wont behave that way again as he will have learned to trust.

I have 3 truly ferral dogs right now who I have progressed to the point that they could be adopted by the right person to help them the rest of the way. I think the first day these dogs saw a person was when they were trapped. I hope to get the we are so happy with them letter some day.

He's ADOPTED!!!

Great home. The guy is a friend of BF's. He just lost his 17 year old dog he loved so much and was looking for another- He took one look @ this dog- he named "Blue" not too original. We use the same vet. The dog was getting so attached to me, I thought it was best to find him a new home quick and let him get attached to his NEW owner.

The people that gave him to me gave me the money for most the neuter, I'll cover the shots. The adoptee wants heart worm test and meds and a microchip and he will cover that. So all, in all, it turned out great.

"Blue" is already heeling and sitting when I stop. He know "lie down" and most important "watch me" because his mind was so busy, he would lose attention. I'll let you know how it turns out.