BC Boards

Break through

It's been a while since I have posted, but I wanted to let everyone know how good Black Jack was yesterday. He has been shedding a lot in the last week or so getting ready for our snow this week I guess. The whole house has been covered in black hair :rolleyes: I decided to give him a bath yesterday to rid of some hair. He was really good and even turned around for me to get the other side of him wet. I got some hair off but I could see a lot more under his top coat so I had him stay in the tub and I got my Kong zoom groom. I used it with the water handle so it slid through his hair easy. It worked great and he never even whined or yipped once. I was so proud of him. He still won't let me brush him so I'll take what I can get!

Hey AJ :rolleyes: Nice to see you here. And way to go Mr Black Jack. My Fergus is with Black Jack - he's really not a fan of being brushed and combed - Kirra is almost as bad. The saving grace is that they love having a bath - I can bath them in my shower recess, using a flexible hose shower - and there's a drain hole in the bathroom floor - easy! They come from ouitside when I call them for a bath!

I rescued Black Jack almost three years ago. Wow, how time flies!!. He had been abused for some time. He has two bad disks in his back from being beaten. After I rescued him I worked with him for almost a year before he really started to come out. I taught him to play frisbee, walk on a leash, and the basic commands (sit, lie down, stay, come, etc). No we're in agility, herding when we find time, and just enjoying life. His one weakness is still the brush. It's one thing I haven't been able to get him to not be afraid of. But after months of woring with him I guess it has paid off. At least I can brush him in the tub. I'm lucky to since he has always liked the water, and baths :rolleyes:

I rescued Black Jack almost three years ago. Wow, how time flies!!. He had been abused for some time. He has two bad disks in his back from being beaten. After I rescued him I worked with him for almost a year before he really started to come out. I taught him to play frisbee, walk on a leash, and the basic commands (sit, lie down, stay, come, etc). No we're in agility, herding when we find time, and just enjoying life. His one weakness is still the brush. It's one thing I haven't been able to get him to not be afraid of. But after months of woring with him I guess it has paid off. At least I can brush him in the tub. I'm lucky to since he has always liked the water, and baths :rolleyes:

I didn't realize that you'd only had BJ for three years. How old was he when you got him? Its amazing that he ever began to trust human beings again at all after his experience. What resilence eh?

Good work AJ. Skye still hates baths and looks SUPER dejected whenever I manage to get her in the tub and can't wait to be allowed to leave.

Ailsa

Wyo Bc, ohhhh. That makes sense to me. That certainly is a huge obstacle for your little guy to overcome!! All your love and hard work certainly are paying off:) eventually you maybe able to brush him out of the tub in time. oh, I was at petsmart again the other day, and I saw a glove brush, maybe start him out of the tub with one of those?? Just a thought.

So good to hear from you A.J.! I too haven't been on as much either. Wow! Has it really been 3 yrs already? Time flies. But then it also seems just yesterday our puppers were just little balls of fur!! :rolleyes::D