BC Boards

Potentially Dangerous Toy

sandyleew

Did he have his whole tongue removed? A while back, a dog in town got his tongue caught in a home paper shredder--his tongue was literally in 3 or 4 strips. Gruesome. They managed to sew it back together, but I remember them saying that a dog without a tongue wouldn't be able to eat or drink and would have to be put down. How are you managing his feeding and watering? Poor thing. And the two of you must be exhausted. I can see on the video how much you love him and the patience you have with him. How awful. That should never have happened. Prayers being sent your way....

Well, it looks like the company is stepping up to the plate on this one. Chai's owner has updated the blog to indicate this. They do admit to there being a problem with the toy and they are doing the responsible thing. I also don't understand how a dog can live without a tongue.

I didn't know what to make of this story at first. I saw it yesterday (prior to the update) and the person never gave his name, had basically a blank profile, and the link to the animal hosptial's story about the toy was taken down, so initially I was questioning his credibility, despite how horrible I felt for the poor dog (the video had me in tears). I'm so glad the company is now standing behind it, Daniel will get some assistance, and I wish Chai a full and speedy recovery.