BC Boards

Hiya:) Long time no bark!

Hi everyone, I can't believe it has been so long since I have visited this forum, I am sure you have all forgotten me and Taj and Trinity (from Australia;)

Things have been hectic to say the least the last few months, just seems to have been one drama after another, we had Taj neutered, he ended up with complications from a retained testicle, they then went into his groin, couldn't find it so had to open him right up and eventually found it in his abdomen, poor baby was in so much pain, even with the painkillers and boy did he pay on me for being the one to take him to the vets! He loves everyone in the family, but is totally devoted to me but he wouldn't look at me or acknowledge my prescence (but would wag his tail a little and go to other people) for the first week, although he was unable to sleep unless I was holding him semi upright for the first few nights, and could only sleep right next to me for the rest of the first week. The second week, the pain was still quite high, but the physical limitations and the bucket just about drove him mentally over the edge, he honestly needed 24 hour supervision because he was getting hysterical with the bucket on his head, poor baby.

At the same time (thinking that it would be easier to have them both quite at once) Trinity was speyed and had her umbilical hernia repaired, so it was a fairly big operation compared to a normal spey and the vet insisted that she had to remain quiet for the full two weeks. I'm glad that Trin's recovery was quick compared to Taj's, but she was a little monster to try and keep contained and quiet!

We got over that hurdle thankfully, then a tornado went through our suburb and we had storm damage to our house which required half the house to be re-carpeted, then hubby got sick and assorted other minor dramas came and went and here we are its nearly the end of July and it feels like it should only be about March!

Anyway, enough whining, the good news is that we couldn't have got through everything without our two beautiful border collies who bring such joy to our lives. I've had dogs all my life, and even with my very special ACD, I have never experienced the kind of magical connection that these two have with my hubby and myself.

It seems like only yesterday that I bought Taj home, but he will be 1 year old on Thursday (so I need to find a nice doggy cake recipe;)

Here's a couple of photos of my pups, I will add some more to the photo gallery when I get a chance.

Michelle

Taj

post-7871-1217341380_thumb.jpg

Trinity

post-7871-1217341400_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone, I can't believe it has been so long since I have visited this forum, I am sure you have all forgotten me and Taj and Trinity (from Australia;)

I'm sure these folks will remember you; I remember and I haven't been here in a long while either...actually, I remembered your dog's pictures...they are just gorgeous!

I'm so sorry to hear that they had a difficult time with their spay/neuter. It's usually such a common procedure, who would've thought BOTH of your kids would have complications?!

Glad to hear they are feeling better - and glad to see you're back on the board.

I've recently found myself here a lot more lately after finally adopting my own boy and with starting our lessons in stockwork... :rolleyes: Sooooo many questions and there is a lot of helpful BC folks here.

Welcome Back....looking forward to more pics of those pretty furkids!

I remember you guys! You have all been through a lot, I hope everything has calmed down now and that both your husband, and the two furkids are feeing better! It'd be great to see more pictures of the dogs, I think we all missed them, I know I have.

Also, wow! I can't believe Taz will be 1 soon.

Hope all is well.

Poor Taj, that sounds so painful for him. I am glad he is okay now. With all the other things you have had to go through that sounds like an awful couple of months you have all had.

I hope everything is okay now, it is good to see you back on here.

I look forward to seeing more pic's of Taj & Trinity. :rolleyes:

Hi Michelle! I missed you and your three beautiful babies. So sorry to hear you guys went through such a long string on unfortunate events - at least it sounds everything is almost back to normal. Poor gorgeous Taj, having to go through complications and so much pain, I am sure that having you watch over him all the time helped him with his recovery, even if in the begining he kindda had a thing against you :D

Can't wait to see more of your wonderful photographs (Missed Smudge, too!). Off to check your flickr site for more pics :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome back, I really appreciate it:)

Yeah things are settling down now thank goodness, I can't start to catch up on all the things that I have had to let slide in the last few months. One of the good things about border collies, is that no matter what happens, they still need their exercise (well except when they were recovering) and mental stimulation, which has been really good for me, otherwise I would have lost my marbles I think;)

Ness I saw your new baby and I thought she might be a Winpara pup, so beautiful and so cute I could just eat her up:)

Thanks Anda, I have tons more photos of Taj, Trinity and Smudge as well, just havn't had time to process and re-size them. I have started shooting raw as well, and need to learn how to process them properly, but I have some photos from early last month that I will go and put up in the gallery thread.

Thanks again for the welcome back!

Oh, I forgot to mention, way back earlier this year, Taj graduated from his advanced beginners obedience class - with top honours from 14 other dogs, so I was very pleased!

Michelle

She is a naughty Winpara baby - chewed up mums good leather boots last night although all was forgiven this morning as she was allowed on there bed for her usual morning snuggle - not sure I am forgiven on the other hand as I was to scared to tell them immediately. Oh well hopefully naughty = darn good agility and obedience dog in the making (well when I get off my backside and actually TRAIN her).

Mudpups Kenzie is litter sister to Marcus, Khandi and Jules :rolleyes:. Have to say though she was described by her breeder as sweet and hmmm I think cheeky would be a more accurate description.

Hi Michelle , no we hadnt forgotten ypu either ,us Aussies need to stick together LOL.Sorry to hear about your rough times but the dogs both look gorgeous and Trinity is growing up. Hope your beautiful backyard wasnt too damaged in the tornado,I remember it on the news,being in Adelaide we often get your weather a couple of days later but it usually peters out across the Nullabor !! Good to see you back, anyway.

Hi Michelle , no we hadnt forgotten ypu either ,us Aussies need to stick together LOL.

Is this where we say "Oi, Oi, Oi?"? :rolleyes:

Good to see you back and to hear that you're OK after all your dramas. Let's hope the rest of the year is smooth sailing.

Thanks guys:) LOL, Kenzie naughty? She looks way to cute to be naughty!

We were really lucky the tornado missed us by a couple of streets, our damage was done from the torrential rain that totally swamped our gutters and drainpipes so the water backflowed over the eaves and down the walls on the inside of the house. There was an awful lot of damage done to houses, garages, cars and massive jarrah and marri trees in the area though (much more building damage than they showed on the news over here, which is unusual because they normally over exaggerate everything).

Life is returning to normal however, so all is good:)

Good news that life is starting to return to normal mudpups. I was actually looking at getting one of Taj's half sisters (a Cypher baby - think Taj has Cypher as his Dad) but Winpara thought Kenzie (Marnie x Spinna) would be a better agility/obedience prospect so she came over instead.