BC Boards

Intro - Mystic

Been around for awhile, view mostly, post occasionally but thought I would take a moment to introduce myself. Mystic is our first BC, she is about 15 months now, actually next week is one year since we got her. So far, she has been great. Had a Keeshond and she was nearly 15 when it was her time. My girls have been after us for awhile to get another dog - nearly 3 years and last year we did. Why a BC though, I'll post another time in the thread on that topic currently out there. From seeing some of the other pics, I would guess she is average size but on the smaller side which is fine for us. Probably the most affectionate dog I ever met though, smart as a whip and as fast as one - loves everyone and just wants to play with any other dog. A few pics below - we have some basic agility equipment in the yard - a poor man's version, we don't plan on doing any competitions just got it as a way to have some fun. We have the tunnel also which she loves.

07040004(1).JPG

07040005(1).JPG

07040006(1).JPG

07040007(1).JPG

07040009(1).JPG

Welcome. You have a cute pup there. She seems pretty good with the agility jumps too.

Thanks for the welcome and the replies. To those that complimented the backyard - thank you, it is nice but I have to admit that it looks much better in the pictures though. The trees down the side hide the neighbors house and the other side of the patio is where all the 'yellow' grass is - but overall we enjoy it so thanks for the compliments.

To Rockstar in regard to where we came up with the name. We have two young girls (teens) and as many will understand if one says black the other says white, so getting agreement on a name was challenge on the 90 minute ride home. Actually because I got lost it was more like 2 hours and since I'm a guy and wouldn't ask for directions it was probably more 2 21/2 hours, but I digress. I think we went through every possible name there was, one wouldn't agree with the other because I think they wanted to be the one that named the pup. We finally made it home at nearly 1:00 am and went to bed without a name. I wanted Mojo - long story but was outvoted as that was more 'male' than female, but we seemed to stay in the 'M' category. The night before one of the girls offered Misty, and my wife and I kind of liked that and the next morning as we were thinking of names between ourselves we came up with Mystic. As we presented to the kids that it was their mom's idea and we were not having much luck otherwise that was it. I was happy with it so I pushed it, my wife likes to call her Mystic Magic.

Regardless she has been great and funny how whatever name you pick as a puppy as they get older it always just seems to fit. :rolleyes:

She is absolutely gorgeous!! Then again I may just have a thing for BC's in bandanas:)

Picture_005.jpg

Cant wait to start some agility with Blue, but he is only 7 months so we just do some work with disc. Good luck with Mystic the fun is just starting :rolleyes:

Oh and not sure you get any flack for Mystic wearing bandana but I get it from time to time. "Oh thats so 'cliche'" whatever I just ignore people, but my 6 year old had the best comback when this guy questioned the funtionality of a bandana on a dog, he pulled the bandana up over Blue's eyes and said "See, It works!" the guy "What do you mean it works?" my son "Now he doesnt have to witness human stupidity!"

LOL my wife told him he needs to be less sarcastic to grown ups but i found it hilarious.