BC Boards

Videos from NC Championship SDT

Here are three videos of runs from the trial Memorial Day weekend. They're all from the second run. All three of these dogs had better runs the first day but I didn't video that day. (Click on the "watch in high quality" option at the bottom of the video if it gives you the option):

David Henry's Britton:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oSTpU4-Ii0

Julie Poudrier's Kat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBhDtrKa_fs

My Zeke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn8oDKI5PLQ

Denise-

Thanks for posting the videos.

I was wondering if you could post the scores that went along with each run. I think that it would be interesting to see where the points were lost.........just for the informational side of it.

Thanks,

Kathy

Bo Peep,

David is Christine's (Valhalla's) husband. :rolleyes:

Kathy,

I can tell you my score was a 72 (loss of 28 points). I don't remember the breakdown, but I timed out in the shedding ring, so that was 10 points gone there. I may have lost a couple on the fetch, and the rest came off the drive--Amanda probably hit me most, if not all, of the remaining 15 or 16 points for being high on the last part of the cross drive and missing the panels high, and the subsequent really wide turn back to the pen.

Amanda told us that she was a stickler for straight lines and tight turns. She was also very hard on any dog that she thought was the least bit incorrect at the top (not deep enough, too tight, etc.). It wasn't uncommon to see 5 or more points off the outrun for dogs she thought were too tight at the top. She was hard but consistent. I wish we had videos of the Saturday runs for comparison, because then you'd get a better idea of what the differences were between the two runs of each dog here (my score on Sat. was a 91).

J.

Thanks to all.

I was wondering if you could post the scores that went along with each run. I think that it would be interesting to see where the points were lost.........just for the informational side of it.

Thanks,

Kathy

I actually don't know what my score was with Zeke either day. Pretty much, if you had any problems at all, you were out of it so there was no use looking to see what I got. For the run of mine you saw videoed I think I lost 18 out of 30 on the drive. And she would have hit me hard on that outrun because he walked the last part of it. He's an old dog and probably wanted to make sure they didn't take off down the hill running to where he would have trouble catching them. I don't know about points off on the rest but the lift and pen were probably clean.

David had a 75 with no pen or shed so he would have only lost 5 points on the part you saw. I cut the videos of David and Julie off right before the phases that they didn't complete, mostly because there was a lot of running around that was hard to video, keeping perspective of what was going on.

Lovely! Wish I could have been there. But it's terrific to see these and at least not miss out on all the fun. Too bad you can't transmit some of that ice cream over the internet, though. :rolleyes:

Becca, we missed you. You would have enjoyed the weather. For once, it wasn't unseasonably hot there.

Jan, Zeke will still work at home but he's getting too slow to run in Open. He's nine and still healthy, can hear and see well, just slowing down. I've retired a few but I think that's the first time I've ever gone to the post knowing ahead of time it was the last run. He ran pretty well both days so I was okay with the way things went. Zeke has a very nice way with sheep and I'll always be grateful for the partnership we had over the years. He taught me a lot.