BC Boards

BC Picnic in NC?

I'm back from Walnut cove - hey cross your fingers everyone, we have a VERY good lead for a possible buyer for Brook Cove. An old high school friend of Patrick's, would be nice to sell to a friend. That's how we bought the place.

So anyway, honestly I think early June would be very awkward. If we sell the house we are going to take a long delayed anniversary vacation, then my son will have his birthday in mid-June. Later in June would be much better, or the week after July 4 weekend.

I don't have any work planned for this event. Relaxing under the shade trees was more what I imagined, or wading/swimming in the pond. Maybe a little sheep working early in the day. But anyone is welcome at any time to come help put up fence however! :rolleyes:

I'm hoping the best for you Rebecca!!

I like a late June or later target date too.

I hope to spend more time in the area this year so that I can better get to know some people and have more opportunities to watch some dogs work.

I also want to make my famous chili! And a few other things too.

I've got first dibs on Rebecca's swingie thingie. :rolleyes:

I'm really, really hoping I'll be able to take Fynne along this year too. I will be working with her in earnest once I'm able to withstand her yanking, probably 2-3 more weeks from now.

Thanks Miz. I had you and others who might be coming long distance in mind when pushing it back some.

Mmm, chili by the campfire, very cowboyish. It will fit in well with the cattle next door. Assuming there is not still a burning ban. If that's the case I'll have to get my hands on a chimerea (sp?) and we'll pretend we are yuppie cowboys.

Has a date been set? I need to put in for time off soon...If it is too close to the 4th I won't be able to come as I already took a long weekend to take the dogs out of the city for the yearly racket. I wouldn't mind working either, good way to find out if there is a farm girl lurking inside. My ex said he would come and help me with the dogs. Have no idea how mine will behave. We stay away from people and dogs in the parks.

Toni