BC Boards

Post-op Fashions: What a Feeling!

My dog had his surgery Saturday (impaling himself on a stick in the park), and got his drain out yesterday. He's been SUCH a good boy! He lets me dress him up in those little t-shirts that keep him from licking his wound, he lets me put that silly blue rubber donut on his neck when I go to work, he lets me swab around his incision with warm water to be sure it's clean. He even pathetically comes to me when I grab a new t-shirt, ducking his head so I can slip it on, as if he knows he needs to wear it to get well. He's just the very best little patient!

But I can't help thinking, as we walk around the park in the trendy outfit, that he needs a pair of leg-warmers and a perm. It's all very Flashdance!

Stitches22708B.jpg

Stitches22708A.jpg

Mary

Aaaaw - what a good Buddy! Hmmm - maybe the leg warmers and sweatband would be a step too far. He's been very patient with you. :rolleyes:

Glad to hear the wound's doing well. A friend here has just had the same thing happen to her Golden Retriever - apparently ran into a stick when out on a walk - only the stick went into the leg - vet had to cut up and down from the original entry point to clean it out. Her drains are out now, and she's being a good girl too.

But I can't help thinking, as we walk around the park in the trendy outfit, that he needs a pair of leg-warmers and a perm. It's all very Flashdance!

Or, perhaps just a nice pair of pants. Charlie said that Buddy can borrow his, if he'd like.

embarrass3.jpg