BC Boards

Humble Pie & Eating Crow

First I want to apologize to the readers and this board for the statements that were made in a discussion earlier in the week that I made. I was wrong and I am truly sorry. After 2 glasses of Merlot, I didn't care what I said (no excuse). I was wrong and way out of line. I want to personally apologize to Lauare and jdarlingfor a personal attack, I am again truly sorry. Please forgive me.

With that said, things that have changes;

1. I have hired a trainer to train my dogs and me to the skill we should be at. Both dogs come from working parents, I saw them work before I purchased the pups and it is unfair of me, especially when their Grandfather comes one from Scotland and the other GB.

2. We had goats before and sold them to the neighbor so I have the pens. It appears with a few modifications, sheep will fit in there quite nice, and besides my wife would love the lambs.

3. I have ordered ducks from our local "feed and seed" for an April delivery. I have had ducks before and it is quite a lot of fun and they will be more for the dogs to do. I have checked this board and got a ton of info.

Again, I am truly sorry for my statements and my hard headiness. I was wrong. Please forgive me. The other posters were right and I have learned a great deal. I need to be more responsible and a better owner before being a breeder.

I love this board and have come to trust your opinions and concerns. I will need a lot of help on this new venture and hope I can again depend on people who truly love their dogs.

I want to thank Eileen Stein for running a first class board. She has great wisdom and insight. I know nothing I can say change my statements, again I'm sorry, I didn't know if this was the thing to do, but I didn't know what else to do.

Ken

Ken, it takes a big person to admit when they've been naughty.

Well done.

I've only been here a short time but I recognize that this is a special community and we all want what's best for our BCs whether they're full-blooded working stock or the energetic family pet BC mix.

We all lose our cool from time to time.

:rolleyes:

Thanks Kenbo, I appreciate and accept your apology. Understanding the history, utility, culture, and responsibility for stewardship protection of the border collie is quite a journey—but a very fascinating and fulfilling one. I am in no way an expert, but I do feel strongly that those who breed border collies do so for the right reasons because I know how important it is to maintain the breed as it is today. Border collies are simply not like other breeds, so when you breed border collies, you are taking on much more than you would if you breed any other breed (phew, say that five times fast :rolleyes: ). Kudos to you for recognizing this and reevaluating your practices—I'm so glad to hear it and I am sure you will receive lots of sound advice from the knowledgeable folks here along the way. Please keep us all updated on your progress :D

Ken, good for you. I hope you'll stick around and keep us all posted on the progress the dogs make. There are some great discussions on these boards. Right now, there's an excellent one in the "Under the Handlers' Tent" about what makes a good vs. a great dog. Fine reading!

A

Thanks Ken. I look forward to hearing how your dogs progress! Working mine is the most fulfilling experience I've ever had with dogs. I have always loved and respected my dogs, but my respect grows leaps and bounds every time I work them.

First I want to apologize to the readers and this board for the statements that were made in a discussion earlier in the week that I made.

...I need to be more responsible and a better owner before being a breeder.

I love this board and have come to trust your opinions and concerns. I will need a lot of help on this new venture and hope I can again depend on people who truly love their dogs.

I want to thank Eileen Stein for running a first class board. She has great wisdom and insight.

Ken

Kudos Ken!

You have earned my respect for this. :rolleyes:

Ailsa