BC Boards

I have had that experience, too. I think it is likely a semi-panic attack that is associated with emotions that are just too painful to bear. It will get better, give yourself time and allow yourself to let your feelings out. It helped me to breathe slowly in through my nose and then pursed lip breathing out for twice as long as I breathed in. (pursed lips, like you are blowing a kiss) Count to five on the way in and 10 on the way out, slowly. I felt like this let my brain relax and gave my heart a chance to prepare for the next wave of pain that was coming. I really think grief pain is WAY worse than any physical pain I have sufferd so far. I always felt like I had to brace myself for the waves of it.

Do you notice that you feel more strangled when you are trying to control your feelings? Obviously if this is associated with any other feelings like shortness of breath, nausea, excessive sweating, or any kind of chest, jaw, or neck pain, seek medical attention immediately.

Prayers and hugs.

muddy I know just how you feel. I thought I was the only one who had that prob. When I get real emotional about something, it is like my throat is closing up. It is scary sometimes. The hurt you feel is still very new. It will take time. Sometimes, pain is so severe, your body seems like it can't take it. It will get better. You will always have that spot in your heart that aches. It just won't be so overwhelming. Hope you know we are all here for you. Even if you just need to vent, or whatever. Take care.

How ironic to be offline a few days to do my own "grieving" and to come back and find this topic. June 21st was the year anniversary of my beloved Zeus...I found it difficult to get out of bed that morning and avoided socializing all day at work and came home to be alone erly in the day. I won't ever forget the good times, or, unfortunately, the bad(the whole time he was ill) but I have to say, I can smile when discussing him, I have a heavy heart not seeing him anymore, but the grief has lifted to smiles and laughter as my family reminisces over him. He is sadly missed, moreso by me than the rest of the crew because he was my alltime mate....but, I have Cody and he has helped me tremendously....mostly because he came to me out of the blue when I wasn't sure I was even looking, but when I really needed him, and he is so similar, yet so different from Zeus, that I have been able to love him unconditionally as I did Zeus...so my heart goes out to you....it does get easier to move on, but I had dear friends who would listen and cry and hug me and this site and all the fine people in here was always here to help me through it....hugs

Oh Muddy, I wish I could help.... Having lived through a really rotten breakup (years ago, thankfully), I can only tell you that every once in a while the feelings come back and 'bite me in the a**' I still find it hard to believe that after years! this would happen.

It's been such a short time for you....and like you said, you feel robbed. I'm not really surprised that you still feel the way you do.

We're here to help if we can...even if only to let you know that it's okay to feel like you do.

Don't hesitate to PM me if you want to 'rant and rave'.... I've been there, and it can be very helpful.

Take care of yourself