BC Boards

Doggie Bed's

Okay, Blaze has decided that his bed is now too lumpy to sleep on and he now moves from our bed, to the floor, to the living room and back to each, all night long. A lot of the time he doesn't wake me but the times that he does I of course am frustrated, and don't want to be. I want to get him a good bed and wouldn't mind one that will not hold the hair as much. (if one truely does exist) Any ideas...

We have used Quiet Time beds for several years, and are very pleased with them. The style we use comes in various sizes with bolsters around the perimeter, and is ideal because it is sized to standard cage sizes so that the dogs can sleep comfortably in their "dens" at night. This link will give you an idea as to style and pricing options: Quiet Time Beds - KV Pet Supply

Sounds like it's not the bed that is the problem. Maybe you should crate him at night till he gets the idea that you don't roam around all night and wake everybody up. Make sure his crate bed is comfy, like the ones Bustopher suggested. JMO

Well he has been sleeping outside of his crate for about 3 months now and only recently did this start. and he doesn't really roam, it's that he can't get comfortable. my DH and I have stayed in bed and listened to his moving around. And there are times that we will wake up and he will put himself in his crate. We leave it open for him.

My dog only likes dog beds for a few months. After that, something inside them shifts, and he keeps trying to scratch them so they'll be comfy again, but it doesn't seem to work. I hate to spend much $$ on what's a glorified stinky pillow!

Someone recently suggested getting a crib mattress at Salvation Army. I found one for $10, and it's nice and firm, and covered with vinyl. I tossed a blanket on it, and Buddy seems to find it very comfy. (It must feel more or less like a real mattress.) He still prefers to be up on my bed, near me, but with his twitchy dreams and leg-stretching, I just don't sleep well if he's up there. Same day I bought my little mattress, a friend went to another Salvation Army and got a changing table pad or mattress for $1, which she said is smaller and still very poofy and comfy for the dog. Similarly, for the smaller spot under the table where Buddy sleeps during the day, someone suggested taking an old couch cushion when someone puts one out for the trash. Free!

Mary

Tiga uses an old comforter of mine folded up in the corner of the bedroom. It's great because it's easy to wash and easy to transport. His blanket is like home to him. He knows if it gets put out wherever we go for the night that this is where we are sleeping tonight. I've wondered about dog beds, but what we have is working and you know what they say, if it ain't broke it doesn't need fixing.

A comforter is what I use in his crate and he does great with that. My DH and I were talking about it last night and he thinks that because we recently redecorated the bedroom (i.e.. moved all of the furniture to a different home) and in the process his bed was moved. What do you think, could he be right, and if he is what can I do to help him?