BC Boards

GETTING A NEW BORDER COLLIE HELP!!!!

hpjoe2001

First off I am new here, but not to border collies. I have owned 3 of them one tri rough coat and two black and whites.

I am about to get my first RED MERLE /w BLUE EYES. She is 5 weeks old and when I went to go visit her she was running around and playing like normal. I got home and looked at the pictures I noticed her eyes where walleyed (They point to the side like a fish). Is this normal for a 5 week old pup. Are they going to straiten out?

THis should go in the health section, this is for questions on working your dog on sheep/stock. But, no, that is not normal. Do you have the pics?

First off I am new here, but not to border collies. I have owned 3 of them one tri rough coat and two black and whites.

I am about to get my first RED MERLE /w BLUE EYES. She is 5 weeks old and when I went to go visit her she was running around and playing like normal. I got home and looked at the pictures I noticed her eyes where walleyed (They point to the side like a fish). Is this normal for a 5 week old pup. Are they going to straiten out?

Yes, this thread should be in the Health section. However, the thread Merle Explosion in the Politics and Culture section has a lot of information and links about the health problems of merles. There you'll find reference to vision problems, which are reported to be more common in heterozygous merles and are especially a problem in homozygous merles.